Alaska Software Inc. - SLE with rounded edges
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SLE with rounded edges
Salvatore Megna SLE with rounded edges
on Wed, 19 Jun 2019 10:18:48 +0200
Hi,
Is it possible to create SLE with rounded edges?

Thanks
Jim LeeRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Thu, 20 Jun 2019 05:53:56 +0200
Hi,

> Is it possible to create SLE with rounded edges?

i have never try to make round SLE ...

you can use API Function CreateRoundRectRgn() and SetWindowRgn() to "mask
Edge" e.g. to make round Buttons.

Round or oval XbpPushButton
public.xbase++.gui
29. September 2018

SetWindowRgn()
public.xbase++.gui
3. Oktober 2018

---
http://www.avg.com
Carlos A Beling Re: SLE with rounded edges
on Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:03:38 -0300
Good day.
May be the example attached to be useful.
If you improve it, please post the example here.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 20/06/2019 00:53, Jim Lee escreveu:
>   Hi,
>
>> Is it possible to create SLE with rounded edges?
>
> i have never try to make round SLE ...
>
> you can use API Function CreateRoundRectRgn() and SetWindowRgn() to "mask
> Edge" e.g. to make round Buttons.
>
> Round or oval XbpPushButton
> public.xbase++.gui
> 29. September 2018
>
> SetWindowRgn()
> public.xbase++.gui
> 3. Oktober 2018
>

> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Rounded.prg
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:57:08 +0200
Here is an sample.

I have replicated the look and functionality of W10&v1903, so I do not know
how it will behave in previous versions.

Perhaps it would have been better to develop a custom look, which would be
the same in any version of Windows, just like I did in RoundPB class.

It happens to me as with the rounded buttons, I just did not like it. I have
used the RoundPB class, but with rectangular buttons, to get that look "rich
and consistent" in all systems.

The code is incomplete and you must develop it to adapt it to your needs.

Regards. Diego

RoundSle.zip
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Thu, 20 Jun 2019 22:42:30 +0200
A last minute change has resulted in the cueBanner not showing

Regards. Diego

RoundSle.zip
Anand GuptaRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Sat, 22 Jun 2019 13:24:56 +0200
Jose Antonio Diego Kereje wrote in message
>A last minute change has resulted in the cueBanner not showing
>
>Regards. Diego

Thanks Diego,

Very good working example of rounded sle.

Regards,

Anand
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Sun, 23 Jun 2019 21:36:15 +0200
Hi,

I am finishing the first operational version of the RoundSle class. I have
fixed several mismatches of the previous code, I have added color and
normal/hover/hot state support(frame&area),  and now, the text can appear
vertically centered in the frame.

And although I have also replicated the standard look of the XbpSle in
W10-1903, it is not consistent in others OS.
Does anyone know the defines that set the default appearance of the
following elements:?

Frame (normal state):
Frame (hover):
Frame (Hot-focus): XBPSYSCLR_HILITEBACKGROUND
Text:  XBPSYSCLR_OUTPUTTEXT
Disabled text:
Background: XBPSYSCLR_ENTRYFIELD
Disabled background: XBPSYSCLR_3DFACE

Regards. Diego

ScreenShotColor.png
ScreenShotDefault.png
Jim LeeRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Sun, 23 Jun 2019 23:54:16 +0200
> Frame (normal state):
> Frame (hover):
> Frame (Hot-focus): XBPSYSCLR_HILITEBACKGROUND
> Text:  XBPSYSCLR_OUTPUTTEXT
> Disabled text:
> Background: XBPSYSCLR_ENTRYFIELD
> Disabled background: XBPSYSCLR_3DFACE

Windows active Theme Color are under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control
Panel\Colors"

---
http://www.avg.com
Jim LeeRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Mon, 24 Jun 2019 01:40:16 +0200
more about Windows Theme Color

there are 30 COLOR_* Constante in WinUser.H but 51 XBPSYSCLR_* Constante

#define COLOR_SCROLLBAR         0                 XBPSYSCLR_SCROLLBAR
#define COLOR_BACKGROUND        1                 XBPSYSCLR_BACKGROUND
#define COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION     2                 XBPSYSCLR_ACTIVETITLE
#define COLOR_INACTIVECAPTION   3                 XBPSYSCLR_INACTIVETITLE
#define COLOR_MENU              4                 XBPSYSCLR_MENU
#define COLOR_WINDOW            5                 XBPSYSCLR_WINDOW
#define COLOR_WINDOWFRAME       6                 XBPSYSCLR_WINDOWFRAME
#define COLOR_MENUTEXT          7                 XBPSYSCLR_MENUTEXT
#define COLOR_WINDOWTEXT        8                 XBPSYSCLR_WINDOWTEXT
#define COLOR_CAPTIONTEXT       9
XBPSYSCLR_ACTIVETITLETEXT
#define COLOR_ACTIVEBORDER      10                XBPSYSCLR_ACTIVEBORDER
#define COLOR_INACTIVEBORDER    11                XBPSYSCLR_INACTIVEBORDER
#define COLOR_APPWORKSPACE      12                XBPSYSCLR_APPWORKSPACE
#define COLOR_HIGHLIGHT         13
XBPSYSCLR_HILITEBACKGROUND
#define COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT     14
XBPSYSCLR_HILITEFOREGROUND
#define COLOR_BTNFACE           15                XBPSYSCLR_3DFACE
#define COLOR_BTNSHADOW         16                XBPSYSCLR_3DSHADOW
#define COLOR_GRAYTEXT          17
XBPSYSCLR_MENUDISABLEDTEXT
#define COLOR_BTNTEXT           18                XBPSYSCLR_BUTTONTEXT
#define COLOR_INACTIVECAPTIONTEXT 19
XBPSYSCLR_INACTIVETITLETEXT
#define COLOR_BTNHIGHLIGHT      20                XBPSYSCLR_3DHIGHLIGHT
#define COLOR_3DDKSHADOW        21                XBPSYSCLR_3DDARKSHADOW
#define COLOR_3DLIGHT           22                XBPSYSCLR_3DLIGHT
#define COLOR_INFOTEXT          23                XBPSYSCLR_INFOTEXT
#define COLOR_INFOBK            24                XBPSYSCLR_INFOBACKGROUND
#define COLOR_HOTLIGHT          26                XBPSYSCLR_HOTLIGHTBGND
#define COLOR_GRADIENTACTIVECAPTION 27
XBPSYSCLR_GRADIENTACTIVETITLE
#define COLOR_GRADIENTINACTIVECAPTION 28
XBPSYSCLR_GRADIENTINACTIVETITLE
#define COLOR_MENUHILIGHT       29                XBPSYSCLR_MENUHILITE
#define COLOR_MENUBAR           30                XBPSYSCLR_MENUBAR

#define COLOR_DESKTOP           COLOR_BACKGROUND
#define COLOR_3DFACE            COLOR_BTNFACE
#define COLOR_3DSHADOW          COLOR_BTNSHADOW
#define COLOR_3DHIGHLIGHT       COLOR_BTNHIGHLIGHT
#define COLOR_3DHILIGHT         COLOR_BTNHIGHLIGHT
#define COLOR_BTNHILIGHT        COLOR_BTNHIGHLIGHT

you can get Color with API Function GetSysColor()

[url]https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-getsyscolor[/url]
[quote]The function returns the red, green, blue (RGB) color value of the
given element.[/quote]

DLLFUNCTION GetSysColor(n) USING STDCALL FROM USER32.DLL

nColor :=  COLOR_SCROLLBAR
nRet := AutomationTranslateColor( GetSysColor(nColor) , .T. )

---
http://www.avg.com
Jose Antonio Diego KerejeRe: SLE with rounded edges
on Mon, 24 Jun 2019 22:33:16 +0200
Hi Jim,

Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately none of the
XBPSYSCLR_ nor the COLOR_ matches the frame of the XbpSle object.
It's not a big problem, but ...

Here is the final version of the RoundSle class.

Regards. Diego

RoundSle.zip
Carlos A Beling Re: SLE with rounded edges. Example
on Fri, 21 Jun 2019 10:28:34 -0300
Hi. Here is the example that I posted before including a function that
was ommited.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 19/06/2019 05:18, Salvatore Megna escreveu:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to create SLE with rounded edges?
>
> Thanks

Rounded.prg