Alaska Software Inc. - XbpCellGroup Error
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XbpCellGroup Error
Carlos Antonio BelingXbpCellGroup Error
on Wed, 03 Aug 2022 19:29:46 -0300
Good day.
Using the class MultilineCell_ (from XbpCellGroup - program Multi.prg
attached) I have the error shown in XppError.log attached when the
RETURN command in the method ::create() is executed . Before the error
arises the program pauses for a little time.
Please what is going wrong?

Fraternally
Beling

Multi.prg
XppError.log
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: XbpCellGroup Error
on Sun, 07 Aug 2022 17:35:33 -0400
Carlos,

>Using the class MultilineCell_ (from XbpCellGroup - program Multi.prg
>attached) I have the error shown in XppError.log attached when the
>RETURN command in the method ::create() is executed . Before the error
>arises the program pauses for a little time.
>Please what is going wrong?

The error log shows that the problem is that your class "CabDlgBrowse_"
doesn't have a method called "GetBG", which is called from the XbpColumn's
"RowMotion" method in line 894. So, the XbpColumn's owner must have a method
named "GetBG" (as well as some others), which means that the owner should be
an object of the XbpBrowse (or a derived) class.

Check which object is the owner of your XbpColumn.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[L]:   https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/AndreasGehrsPahl
[F]:   https://www.FaceBook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos Antonio BelingRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Mon, 08 Aug 2022 11:00:08 -0300
Good day Andreas.
Many thanks.
The error occurs when executing the statemente RETURN below:
          ::XbpCellGroup:referenceString := cStrRef
          ::XbpCellgroup:create(oParent, oOwner, aPos, aSize, aPP, lVisible)
          aSize     := ::currentSize()
          aSize[02] := Int((aSize[02] * (nLines * 0.95)))
          ::setSize(aSize)
   RETURN Self    <== here the program pauses and gives the error.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 07/08/2022 18:35, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl escreveu:
> Carlos,
>
>> Using the class MultilineCell_ (from XbpCellGroup - program Multi.prg
>> attached) I have the error shown in XppError.log attached when the
>> RETURN command in the method ::create() is executed . Before the error
>> arises the program pauses for a little time.
>> Please what is going wrong?
>
> The error log shows that the problem is that your class "CabDlgBrowse_"
> doesn't have a method called "GetBG", which is called from the XbpColumn's
> "RowMotion" method in line 894. So, the XbpColumn's owner must have a method
> named "GetBG" (as well as some others), which means that the owner should be
> an object of the XbpBrowse (or a derived) class.
>
> Check which object is the owner of your XbpColumn.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Andreas
Osvaldo RamirezRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Mon, 08 Aug 2022 08:59:56 -0600
On 03/08/22 16:29, Carlos Antonio Beling wrote:
> Good day.
> Using the class MultilineCell_ (from XbpCellGroup - program Multi.prg
> attached) I have the error shown in XppError.log attached when the
> RETURN command in the method ::create() is executed . Before the error
> arises the program pauses for a little time.
> Please what is going wrong?
>
> Fraternally
> Beling

return ::Self

HTH
Carlos Antonio BelingRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Mon, 08 Aug 2022 17:04:30 -0300
Hi Osvaldo.
Good day. Many thanks.
Unfotunately it did not work.
I will post here an example.

Fraternaly
Beling

Em 08/08/2022 11:59, Osvaldo Ramirez escreveu:
> On 03/08/22 16:29, Carlos Antonio Beling wrote:
>> Good day.
>> Using the class MultilineCell_ (from XbpCellGroup - program Multi.prg
>> attached) I have the error shown in XppError.log attached when the
>> RETURN command in the method ::create() is executed . Before the error
>> arises the program pauses for a little time.
>> Please what is going wrong?
>>
>> Fraternally
>> Beling
>
> return ::Self
>
> HTH

Carlos Antonio BelingRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Mon, 08 Aug 2022 19:49:49 -0300
Good day.
I attached a program for showing the problem that I am having.
The example is crashing without messages.
For seeing it working fine please comment the line 20.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 03/08/2022 19:29, Carlos Antonio Beling escreveu:
> Good day.
> Using the class MultilineCell_ (from XbpCellGroup - program Multi.prg
> attached) I have the error shown in XppError.log attached when the
> RETURN command in the method ::create() is executed . Before the error
> arises the program pauses for a little time.
> Please what is going wrong?
>
> Fraternally
> Beling

Test.zip
Jorge L BorlandoRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Tue, 16 Aug 2022 18:41:01 -0300
Hi Carlos
You need the folow change in your code

original line 217
#ifndef _Test
      Aadd( aPP, { XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, oBrowse:nInterline *
oBrowse:nLines } )
#else
      i := AScan( aPP, { | x | x[1] = COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT } )
      If ( i = 0 )
         Aadd( aPP, { XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, oBrowse:nInterline *
oBrowse:nLines } )
       Else
         aPP[i, 2] := oBrowse:nInterline * oBrowse:nLines
      EndiF
#endif

Best regards

"Carlos Antonio Beling" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:402c9c2d$deca6d9$53cc5@news.alaska-software.com...

Good day.
I attached a program for showing the problem that I am having.
The example is crashing without messages.
For seeing it working fine please comment the line 20.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 03/08/2022 19:29, Carlos Antonio Beling escreveu:
> Good day.
> Using the class MultilineCell_ (from XbpCellGroup - program Multi.prg
> attached) I have the error shown in XppError.log attached when the
> RETURN command in the method ::create() is executed . Before the error
> arises the program pauses for a little time.
> Please what is going wrong?
>
> Fraternally
> Beling
Carlos Antonio BelingRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Wed, 17 Aug 2022 12:14:10 -0300
Hi Jorge.
Good day.
Many thanks. Unfortunately t did not work. Please see the new one
Test.zip attached.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 16/08/2022 18:41, Jorge L Borlando escreveu:
>       i := AScan( aPP, { | x | x[1] = COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT } )
>       If ( i = 0 )
>          Aadd( aPP, { XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, oBrowse:nInterline *
> oBrowse:nLines } )
>        Else
>          aPP[i, 2] := oBrowse:nInterline * oBrowse:nLines
>       EndiF

Test.zip
Jorge L BorlandoRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:08:43 -0300
Hi Carlos

in ::addcolumn() you create XbpColumnMultiLine() with App =  {
{XBP_PP_COL_DA_CHARWIDTH,  0} } and nWidth = NIL

=> nInterline = 0

"Carlos Antonio Beling" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:1b1f2f24$30f11138$68fca@news.alaska-software.com...

Hi Jorge.
Good day.
Many thanks. Unfortunately t did not work. Please see the new one
Test.zip attached.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 16/08/2022 18:41, Jorge L Borlando escreveu:
>       i := AScan( aPP, { | x | x[1] = COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT } )
>       If ( i = 0 )
>          Aadd( aPP, { XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, oBrowse:nInterline *
> oBrowse:nLines } )
>        Else
>          aPP[i, 2] := oBrowse:nInterline * oBrowse:nLines
>       EndiF
Carlos Antonio BelingRe: XbpCellGroup Error
on Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:42:20 -0300
Hi Jorge.
Many thanks again.
Really the best way for keeping the structure of the class
XbpColumnMultiLine() is to add the line AAdd( aPP, {
XBP_PP_COL_DA_ROWHEIGHT, oBrowse:nInterline *
oBrowse:nLines } ) in the method XbpColumnMultiLine:create().

Fraternally
Beling