Alaska Software Inc. - SMS
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SMS
Al WilsonSMS
on Fri, 26 Jan 2018 14:15:13 -0800
Hello Everyone:
1. Has anyone implemented a SMS API to send text messages to either
individual numbers or entire contact groups?
2. Is it necessary to use the services of a third party provider to
implement SMS into their WAA website?

---
Jonathan LeemingRe: SMS
on Sat, 27 Jan 2018 08:37:09 -0700
On 1/26/2018 3:15 PM, Al Wilson wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
> 1. Has anyone implemented a SMS API to send text messages to either
> individual numbers or entire contact groups?
> 2. Is it necessary to use the services of a third party provider to
> implement SMS into their WAA website?
>
> ---

Hi Al,

If you know the service provider of the recipient you could send a text
to a cell number via email.  Basically you use the cell number of the
individual followed by the domain gateway for the recipients service
provider.  For example to send a text to the number 17801234567 with
Telus as the service provider you would send it to
17801234567@msg.telus.com.  The recipient can not reply to this message
as there is no source phone number.

My application uses text messaging to notify our therapists of short
notice appointment bookings and late cancellations.  Rather than track
their various cell service providers I use a very affordable service
from https://www.twilio.com in conjunction with some libraries I
purchased from https://www.chilkatsoft.com.

I can both send and receive text messages & images with my processes.  I
seem to remember that Twilio has a free trial offering and the ChilKat
API can also be unlocked for a 30 day trial.  With ChilKat I purchased
the full bundle.  Looking at my functions I use a REST object,
JsonArray, and JsonObject from ChilKat.  From their website it looks
like the REST object is only available with a "Bundled" purchase.

Hope this helps... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Chris ChambersRe: SMS
on Sat, 10 Feb 2018 21:41:24 -0800
On 1/26/2018 2:15 PM, Al Wilson wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
> 1. Has anyone implemented a SMS API to send text messages to either
> individual numbers or entire contact groups?
> 2. Is it necessary to use the services of a third party provider to
> implement SMS into their WAA website?
>
> ---

Yes I use SMS a lot in my xbase++ Apps works great. You will need an
ActiveX control to access all the elements of sending and receiving SMS
messages. Love to help if you need it.
Regards
Chris
http://www.chrischambers.ca