Alaska Software Inc. - Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
César Calvo Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:01:48 +0200
I need read the first line of an Excel file since it isn´t a header, it is
data.
What must I change in this sorce?
cCon2 := "DBQ=" + cFil2 + ";Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx,
*.xlsm, *.xlsb)};ReadOnly=0;MaxScanRows=0;FirstRowHasNames=1"
oCon2 := SQLConnection():new()
cSql2 := 'SELECT * FROM [Hoja1$];'
IF !oCon2:driverConnect(nil,cCon2)
    Infobox("No conectado a " + cFil2)
    RETURN
ENDIF
oCur2 := SQLSelect():new(cSql2,oCon2)
oCur2:execute()

I have tried to change this:
FirstRowHasNames=1

to this:
FirstRowHasNames=0

But I don´t got it.

Thanks.
César.
Boris BorzicRe: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:51:18 +0200
Csar Calvo <ccalvoc@telefonica.net> wrote in

> I need read the first line of an Excel file since it isnt a header,
> it is data.
> What must I change in this sorce?
> cCon2 := "DBQ=" + cFil2 + ";Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls,
> *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};ReadOnly=0;MaxScanRows=0;FirstRowHasNames=1"
> oCon2 := SQLConnection():new()
> cSql2 := 'SELECT * FROM [Hoja1$];'
> IF !oCon2:driverConnect(nil,cCon2)
>     Infobox("No conectado a " + cFil2)
>     RETURN
> ENDIF
> oCur2 := SQLSelect():new(cSql2,oCon2)
> oCur2:execute()
>
> I have tried to change this:
> FirstRowHasNames=1
>
> to this:
> FirstRowHasNames=0
>
> But I dont got it.

Looks like this is an old bug in the Excel ODBC driver that has never been
fixed:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bdff0b5b-6838-4a4b-
9029-e1ba953824db/how-to-access-excel-files-using-odbc-without-skipping-
first-row-with-access-2013-runtime?forum=adodotnetdataproviders

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Matej JuracRe: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:05:55 +0200
Had same problem some years ago with xlsx without field headers.

One of workarounds is by using Ascom10.lib to do an COM routine to read data
from workbook.

What you need is start here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/VBA/Excel-VBA/articles/application-object-excel

look how to open table, change rows and active cells

or by just nicely asking for table with header row

Boris Borzic wrote in message news:XnsA79CAB6E936DASQLExpress@87.106.143.233...
>Csar Calvo <ccalvoc@telefonica.net> wrote in
>
>> I need read the first line of an Excel file since it isnt a header,
>> it is data.
>> What must I change in this sorce?
>> cCon2 := "DBQ=" + cFil2 + ";Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls,
>> *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};ReadOnly=0;MaxScanRows=0;FirstRowHasNames=1"
>> oCon2 := SQLConnection():new()
>> cSql2 := 'SELECT * FROM [Hoja1$];'
>> IF !oCon2:driverConnect(nil,cCon2)
>>     Infobox("No conectado a " + cFil2)
>>     RETURN
>> ENDIF
>> oCur2 := SQLSelect():new(cSql2,oCon2)
>> oCur2:execute()
>>
>> I have tried to change this:
>> FirstRowHasNames=1
>>
>> to this:
>> FirstRowHasNames=0
>>
>> But I dont got it.
>
>Looks like this is an old bug in the Excel ODBC driver that has never been
>fixed:
>
>https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bdff0b5b-6838-4a4b-
>9029-e1ba953824db/how-to-access-excel-files-using-odbc-without-skipping-
>first-row-with-access-2013-runtime?forum=adodotnetdataproviders
César Calvo Re: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Sun, 25 Jun 2017 21:09:51 +0200
Hello Boris, this page not exists.
Regards.
César.

"Boris Borzic" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:XnsA79CAB6E936DASQLExpress@87.106.143.233...

César Calvo <ccalvoc@telefonica.net> wrote in

> I need read the first line of an Excel file since it isnït a header,
> it is data.
> What must I change in this sorce?
> cCon2 := "DBQ=" + cFil2 + ";Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls,
> *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};ReadOnly=0;MaxScanRows=0;FirstRowHasNames=1"
> oCon2 := SQLConnection():new()
> cSql2 := 'SELECT * FROM [Hoja1$];'
> IF !oCon2:driverConnect(nil,cCon2)
>     Infobox("No conectado a " + cFil2)
>     RETURN
> ENDIF
> oCur2 := SQLSelect():new(cSql2,oCon2)
> oCur2:execute()
>
> I have tried to change this:
> FirstRowHasNames=1
>
> to this:
> FirstRowHasNames=0
>
> But I donït got it.

Looks like this is an old bug in the Excel ODBC driver that has never been
fixed:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bdff0b5b-6838-4a4b-
9029-e1ba953824db/how-to-access-excel-files-using-odbc-without-skipping-
first-row-with-access-2013-runtime?forum=adodotnetdataproviders

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Boris BorzicRe: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 05:21:59 +0200
Csar Calvo <ccalvoc@telefonica.net> wrote in news:40ecc789$5d1a592a
$2d25c@news.alaska-software.com:

> Hello Boris, this page not exists.

Yes, it does exist. You just need to copy and paste all 3 lines into your
browser:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bdff0b5b-6838-4a4b-
9029-e1ba953824db/how-to-access-excel-files-using-odbc-without-skipping-
first-row-with-access-2013-runtime?forum=adodotnetdataproviders

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
César Calvo Re: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 06:25:48 +0200
Sorry, you are right.
Thanks.

"Boris Borzic" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:XnsA79FEDA568CE9SQLExpress@87.106.143.233...

César Calvo <ccalvoc@telefonica.net> wrote in news:40ecc789$5d1a592a
$2d25c@news.alaska-software.com:

> Hello Boris, this page not exists.

Yes, it does exist. You just need to copy and paste all 3 lines into your
browser:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/bdff0b5b-6838-4a4b-
9029-e1ba953824db/how-to-access-excel-files-using-odbc-without-skipping-
first-row-with-access-2013-runtime?forum=adodotnetdataproviders

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Edgar Borger Re: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:03:33 -0300
with activex you get the whole spreadsheet, if you want I can give an example...

Regards,
Edgar

Em 22/06/2017 17:01, César Calvo escreveu:
> I need read the first line of an Excel file since it isn´t a header, it is data.
> What must I change in this sorce?
> cCon2 := "DBQ=" + cFil2 + ";Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};ReadOnly=0;MaxScanRows=0;FirstRowHasNames=1"
> oCon2 := SQLConnection():new()
> cSql2 := 'SELECT * FROM [Hoja1$];'
> IF !oCon2:driverConnect(nil,cCon2)
>     Infobox("No conectado a " + cFil2)
>     RETURN
> ENDIF
> oCur2 := SQLSelect():new(cSql2,oCon2)
> oCur2:execute()
>
> I have tried to change this:
> FirstRowHasNames=1
>
> to this:
> FirstRowHasNames=0
>
> But I don´t got it.
>
> Thanks.
> César.

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
César Calvo Re: Set the first line without header in Odbc for Excel Files
on Sun, 25 Jun 2017 21:12:42 +0200
Thanks Edgar.
I would want with Odbc.
Regards.