Alaska Software Inc. - Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
Nestor G. TorresFeedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:32:38 +0200
For those that attended the Alaska xBase conference 2012...
Please provide some much needed feedback for those that could not
attend.

Kind Regards,
Nestor
AUGE_ OHRRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:09:39 +0200
hi,

> For those that attended the Alaska xBase conference 2012...
> Please provide some much needed feedback for those that could not attend.

got more than 128 GB Video ... do you want to have it

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Nestor G. TorresRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:31:33 +0200
Thanks....Is it going to be edited and categorized into smaller
chunks?....Here in South Africa our band width is limited ...mine is capped
at 3 gig ....and I purchase extra gigs as needed.

Please let me have the link so I can browse around.

Kind Regards,
Nestor

"AUGE_ OHR" wrote in message
> hi,
>
>> For those that attended the Alaska xBase conference 2012...
>> Please provide some much needed feedback for those that could not attend.
>
> got more than 128 GB Video ... do you want to have it
>
> greetings by OHR
> Jimmy

Jorge LRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:28:07 -0300
i would wish that alaska describes the realized or publisehd for them in the
devcon

regards

"Nestor G. Torres" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:63c224eb$7bb3219f$2ffb8@news.alaska-software.com...

For those that attended the Alaska xBase conference 2012...
Please provide some much needed feedback for those that could not
attend.

Kind Regards,
Nestor
AUGE_ OHRRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:44:21 +0200
hi,

>i would wish that alaska describes the realized or publisehd for them in
>the devcon

Problem : Video and Devcon Build are for Attendee only

so even if you send me a Harddisk to copy 350 GB ( become more)
Video,  im not allowed to send it to you...

sorry Guys, you have to come to Devcon to get that Stuff.

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Jorge LRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:10:05 -0300
Hi Jimmy
thank you for your offer
but ....
my whish is that they present a description with some pictures that describe
what they have presented and the response of the public as to show to whom
they have not gone and are anxious to know of the advance of the company,
exactly like a feedback

-------------------------------------

mi deseo es que presenten una descripción con algunas fotos que describan lo
que han presentado y la respuesta del público como para dar a conocer a
quienes no han ido y están deseosos de saber del avance de la empresa,
justamente a modo de feddback

regards

"AUGE_ OHR" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:50611dfb$d900de$38d67@news.alaska-software.com...

hi,

>i would wish that alaska describes the realized or publisehd for them in
>the devcon

Problem : Video and Devcon Build are for Attendee only

so even if you send me a Harddisk to copy 350 GB ( become more)
Video,  i´m not allowed to send it to you...

sorry Guys, you have to come to Devcon to get that Stuff.

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
AUGE_ OHRRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:48:34 +0200
hi,

>my whish is that they present a description with some pictures that
>describe what they have presented and the response of the public as to show
>to whom they have not gone and are anxious to know of the advance of the
>company, exactly like a feedback

so login to "Preview.xbase++.20". this is the place where we are allowed to
talk about CXP , Xbase++, migrate to PostgreSQL etc. using Devcon Build

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Bill SimmethRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:53:38 -0400
I am glad I went.  It was more than worth the time and money to travel from
the USA. It was a very well run conference adn the information presented was
very useful. Many thanks to the organizing crew and to the Alaska team.

Things look bright for Alaska and its users.

Bill Simmeth
Merchant Software
Marshall VA USA

<Nestor G. Torres> wrote in message
> For those that attended the Alaska xBase conference 2012...
> Please provide some much needed feedback for those that could not attend.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Nestor
Anand Kumar GuptaRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:12:36 +0530
Sounds good and encouraging.

However, not the first time we hear such ray's of hope and I guess its too
early to comment till the "priviledged' devcon attendees start building real
apps on it.

Anand

<Bill Simmeth> wrote in message
>I am glad I went.  It was more than worth the time and money to travel from
>the USA. It was a very well run conference adn the information presented
>was very useful. Many thanks to the organizing crew and to the Alaska team.
>
> Things look bright for Alaska and its users.
>
> Bill Simmeth
> Merchant Software
> Marshall VA USA
>
> <Nestor G. Torres> wrote in message
>> For those that attended the Alaska xBase conference 2012...
>> Please provide some much needed feedback for those that could not attend.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Nestor

Nestor G. TorresRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:08:14 +0200
Hi Anand,

I tend to agree....I am a hard core user of the Alaskn xBase development
platform and I always keep my licences upto date for last 9 years. I also
attended the previous conference...and now I am shut out from the devcon
preview and any video content just because I could not travel from South
Africa to Germany at great expence .....I thought this was about getting
developer around the world excited about the new products....or am I old
school?

Kind regards,
Nestor

"Anand Kumar Gupta" wrote in message
> Sounds good and encouraging.
>
> However, not the first time we hear such ray's of hope and I guess its too
> early to comment till the "priviledged' devcon attendees start building
> real apps on it.
>
> Anand
>
> <Bill Simmeth> wrote in message
>>I am glad I went.  It was more than worth the time and money to travel
>>from the USA. It was a very well run conference adn the information
>>presented was very useful. Many thanks to the organizing crew and to the
>>Alaska team.
>>
>> Things look bright for Alaska and its users.
>>
>> Bill Simmeth
>> Merchant Software
>> Marshall VA USA
>>
>> <Nestor G. Torres> wrote in message
>>> For those that attended the Alaska xBase conference 2012...
>>> Please provide some much needed feedback for those that could not
>>> attend.
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>> Nestor

AUGE_ OHRRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 02:51:22 +0200
hi,

>and now I am shut out from the devcon preview

Devcon build is like lates CTP version but include XPP.EXE v2.0.426 and some
new *.DLL

there are NO new demo or source code to v1.9x ... you have to modify it by
yourself to use e.g. MDIDEMO with PostgreSQL v8.3 after "upsize" your
DBF/DBT/FPT and NTX/CDX

>and any video content just because I could not travel from South Africa to
>Germany

a problem is the size made in 1080i so one (!) session is about 13 GB !!!

yes you can compress it but not to much else you can not "read"
presented Code snip which you need to play this puzzle while we
have not get documentation yet about those futures and help file
say "TODO"

so we all wait for next CTP to play with

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Jorge LRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 08:53:14 -0300
Hi Jimmy

i am not a professional user but.....

the users who have been present at the conference, have the version and
examples used for the presentation ?

among other things, i am anxious to know among other things, if there is a
stabler IDE, if there is a designer of forms integrated to the IDE

Jimmy thank you for announcing the realized in the devcon for whom we have
not represented

regards

"AUGE_ OHR" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:659ff52$35ad808f$635d8@news.alaska-software.com...

hi,

>and now I am shut out from the devcon preview

Devcon build is like lates CTP version but include XPP.EXE v2.0.426 and some
new *.DLL

there are NO new demo or source code to v1.9x ... you have to modify it by
yourself to use e.g. MDIDEMO with PostgreSQL v8.3 after "upsize" your
DBF/DBT/FPT and NTX/CDX

>and any video content just because I could not travel from South Africa to
>Germany

a problem is the size made in 1080i so one (!) session is about 13 GB !!!

yes you can compress it but not to much else you can not "read"
presented Code snip which you need to play this puzzle while we
have not get documentation yet about those futures and help file
say "TODO"

so we all wait for next CTP to play with

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
AUGE_ OHRRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 16:11:37 +0200
Jorge LRe: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:48:36 -0300
James Loughner Re: Feedback on the Alaska xBase Confernece 2012
on Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:10:00 -0400
postgresql is a free Open Source program.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/

Jim