Alaska Software Inc. - StarLite gets responsive to fit ino smart phone/tablets
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: StarLite gets responsive to fit ino smart phone/tablets
Nestor G. TorresStarLite gets responsive to fit ino smart phone/tablets
on Wed, 09 Sep 2015 15:48:50 +0200
Hi Guy's

Just launched my next evolution of starlite. I simplified the main top
menu again. Also the main adverts are now in sections/divs.  I got rid
of jquery mobile code and added responsive web css to starLite to make
it fit into a smart phone/tablet environment. Give it a go and let me
know what you guy's think.

www.starlightdemo.com

And again! as I finished this cycle of work I discover new techniques
for writing smarter menus. I will do some more R&D and put a better menu
system into the next release of StarLite.

Looking forward to comments.

Kind Regards,
Nestor
Jonathan LeemingRe: StarLite gets responsive to fit ino smart phone/tablets
on Wed, 09 Sep 2015 09:12:01 -0600
Hi Nestor,

Just gave your site a test drive with my Samsung S5... initially I was
zooming the page to use the page migration arrows at the bottom of the
screen where it is saying Page X of Y but then realized that I can
swipe to change pages or use the page migration buttons in the menu
section.

With my quick test drive the menus and site seem to work great.

Congrats... Jonathan

On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 15:48:50 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:

>Hi Guy's
>
>Just launched my next evolution of starlite. I simplified the main top
>menu again. Also the main adverts are now in sections/divs.  I got rid
>of jquery mobile code and added responsive web css to starLite to make
>it fit into a smart phone/tablet environment. Give it a go and let me
>know what you guy's think.
>
>www.starlightdemo.com
>
>And again! as I finished this cycle of work I discover new techniques
>for writing smarter menus. I will do some more R&D and put a better menu
>system into the next release of StarLite.
>
>Looking forward to comments.
>
>Kind Regards,
>Nestor

Jonathan Leeming
jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com
Nestor G. TorresRe: StarLite gets responsive to fit ino smart phone/tablets
on Wed, 09 Sep 2015 18:30:47 +0200
Jonathan

You are always so inspirational.

I am so glad you found the swipe facilities.

When asking for feed back I did not say anything about the swipe, since
I wanted to find out if it would be discovered easily.

Also on your phone you will find a setting for AIRVIEW; if it is
switched on you will be able to hover your finger over the catalog
pictures and get a short description of each item without touching the
screen. In Lolliepop 5.01 there are still to many memory leaks and bugs.
But I believe 5.1 has fixed all of that.

So here are the phones that have been tested:

Galaxy S4
Galaxy S5
Sony Experia

Tomorrow I am going to go to the Apple store to test on some of their
show room demo tablets and anything else I can find.

Next week I must trying to make some headway into marketing at least
start thinking about it.

Again thanks a million for taking some time to test.

Kind regards,
Nestor

On 2015/09/09 05:12 PM, Jonathan Leeming wrote:
> Hi Nestor,
>
> Just gave your site a test drive with my Samsung S5... initially I was
> zooming the page to use the page migration arrows at the bottom of the
> screen where it is saying Page X of Y but then realized that I can
> swipe to change pages or use the page migration buttons in the menu
> section.
>
> With my quick test drive the menus and site seem to work great.
>
> Congrats... Jonathan
>
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2015 15:48:50 +0200, Nestor G. Torres wrote:
>
>> Hi Guy's
>>
>> Just launched my next evolution of starlite. I simplified the main top
>> menu again. Also the main adverts are now in sections/divs.  I got rid
>> of jquery mobile code and added responsive web css to starLite to make
>> it fit into a smart phone/tablet environment. Give it a go and let me
>> know what you guy's think.
>>
>> www.starlightdemo.com
>>
>> And again! as I finished this cycle of work I discover new techniques
>> for writing smarter menus. I will do some more R&D and put a better menu
>> system into the next release of StarLite.
>>
>> Looking forward to comments.
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Nestor
>>

> Jonathan Leeming
> jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com

Jonathan LeemingRe: StarLite gets responsive to fit ino smart phone/tablets
on Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:45:32 -0600
Had not played with AirView previously... neat... and Thanks...
Jonathan