Alaska Software Inc. - Alaska v2.0 generating user count number of USERS on ADS
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Alaska v2.0 generating user count number of USERS on ADS
Osvaldo Luis AokiAlaska v2.0 generating user count number of USERS on ADS
on Fri, 02 Jul 2021 18:29:26 +0200
HI,

  In my environmente I have two server: Aplication Server and Database
server (with ADS 12.0).

   Applic Server access Database server by using a mapped driver on Database
Server.

   I have beem problem on executing more than one instance of my program on
the same Aplic Server, with ADS installed in other machine (Server machine),
by using mapped driver.

   For each instance executing on Aplication Server, it generate the same
number of USERS than number of connection on ADS Server, consuming license
on ADS server. (in Alaska 2.0). Follow Alaska Documents, it cause increase
number os user on ADS only per different stations running de program, or
different IP accessing the server, otherwise, it only increase number of
Connections.

   I just test it using the same program, but compiled on ALASKA 1.9. In
this case it increase number of Connections but keep number of USERS = 1
(That is correct way). In version 1.9 it Works !!!

  I attempt to connect by using \\Server,  Z: (Mapped driver) but if has no
differences.

  In local machine it woks, increase connection and keep number users = 1
(look for the image attached).

   Let me see if any people have any experiences about.

   Thanks

2021_07_02_08_08_21_Advantage_Configuration_Utility.png
Osvaldo Luis AokiRe: Alaska v2.0 generating user count number of USERS on ADS
on Sat, 03 Jul 2021 16:21:47 +0200
HI
  I just discover if you use ADS client DLL from alaska ( ace32.dll and
axcws32.dll) from year 2015 it works fine, connection is increased but number
of user no. (considering connection from the same Computer client.

  But the collateral effects is that SQL commands does not works with this
client version. If you user Clients DLL from ADS 12, SQL command is supported
and works fine.

  Any people has this experience ?

  Thanks
  Osvaldo Aoki
Tim CallahanRe: Alaska v2.0 generating user count number of USERS on ADS
on Sat, 22 Jan 2022 14:35:51 -0800
On Sat, 03 Jul 2021 16:21:47 +0200, Osvaldo Luis Aoki wrote:

>HI
>  I just discover if you use ADS client DLL from alaska ( ace32.dll and
>axcws32.dll) from year 2015 it works fine, connection is increased but number
>of user no. (considering connection from the same Computer client.
>
>  But the collateral effects is that SQL commands does not works with this
>client version. If you user Clients DLL from ADS 12, SQL command is supported
>and works fine.
>
>  Any people has this experience ?
>
>  Thanks
>  Osvaldo Aoki

Hi Osvaldo,
I use ADS 12 with multiple clients and don't see this issue. Not sure
if this will help but I have the following in my dbesys.prg with
ADSDBE as the default DBE.
HTH,
Tim

    Use server rights not user rights
   DbeInfo( COMPONENT_DATA, ADSDBE_RIGHTS_MODE, ADSDBE_IGNORERIGHTS )