Alaska Software Inc. - Error while reading a file
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Error while reading a file
Jorge L. BorlandoError while reading a file
on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 23:05:35 -0300
hi to all, I would need your help to see if I can solve the following
problem that has been presented to me

I have in following scenario: 1 dbf (without indexes) that is used by 2
applications, the application "A" executes the following instructions:

dbgoto (3)
RLock ()
field->status: = 'W'
sleep (50000)
field->status: = 'X'
dbUnLock ()

When the application "B"  tests on the record 3 when field->status = 'X' (
IF FIELD->STATUS = 'X' ) i have an error "Error while reading a file"

in dbesys I use DBFCDX and the only component that I use is
   dbeinfo( COMPONENT_DATA, DBFDBE_LOCKMODE , DBF_NOLOCK )

thank you very much everyone, best regards

oError:args         :     -> NIL
oError:canDefault   : N
oError:canRetry     : Y
oError:canSubstitute: N
oError:cargo        : NIL
oError:description  : Error while reading a file
oError:filename     :
oError:genCode      :         73,00
oError:operation    :
oError:osCode       :          0,00
oError:severity     :          2,00
oError:subCode      :       8999,00
oError:subSystem    : BASE
oError:thread       :          1,00
oError:tries        :          1,00
Joao GrenhasRe: Error while reading a file
on Tue, 26 Dec 2017 18:28:13 +0000
Às 02:05 de 26/12/2017, Jorge L. Borlando escreveu:
> hi to all, I would need your help to see if I can solve the following
> problem that has been presented to me
>
> I have in following scenario: 1 dbf (without indexes) that is used by 2
> applications, the application "A" executes the following instructions:
>
> dbgoto (3)
> RLock ()
> field->status: = 'W'
> sleep (50000)
> field->status: = 'X'
> dbUnLock ()
>
> When the application "B"  tests on the record 3 when field->status = 'X'
> ( IF FIELD->STATUS = 'X' ) i have an error "Error while reading a file"
>
> in dbesys I use DBFCDX and the only component that I use is
>    dbeinfo( COMPONENT_DATA, DBFDBE_LOCKMODE , DBF_NOLOCK )
>
> thank you very much everyone, best regards
>

> oError:args         :     -> NIL
> oError:canDefault   : N
> oError:canRetry     : Y
> oError:canSubstitute: N
> oError:cargo        : NIL
> oError:description  : Error while reading a file
> oError:filename     :
> oError:genCode      :         73,00
> oError:operation    :
> oError:osCode       :          0,00
> oError:severity     :          2,00
> oError:subCode      :       8999,00
> oError:subSystem    : BASE
> oError:thread       :          1,00
> oError:tries        :          1,00

Hello, can you reproduce this behaviour with two very small executables
doing only this? If so, can you post the code?
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: Error while reading a file
on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 13:10:56 -0300
Hi Joao, I can´t reproduce this behaviour in 2 small executables

but analyzing the situation, where I have not discovered "errors", I have
added 2 sleep () in my 2nd program and I have gone ahead with the situation,
but I get the feeling that the problem occurs in the simultaneity of the
action

Thanks and Best Regards

"Joao Grenhas" wrote in message
> Às 02:05 de 26/12/2017, Jorge L. Borlando escreveu:
>> hi to all, I would need your help to see if I can solve the following
>> problem that has been presented to me
>>
>> I have in following scenario: 1 dbf (without indexes) that is used by 2
>> applications, the application "A" executes the following instructions:
>>
>> dbgoto (3)
>> RLock ()
>> field->status: = 'W'
>> sleep (50000)
>> field->status: = 'X'
>> dbUnLock ()
>>
>> When the application "B"  tests on the record 3 when field->status = 'X'
>> ( IF FIELD->STATUS = 'X' ) i have an error "Error while reading a file"
>>
>> in dbesys I use DBFCDX and the only component that I use is
>>    dbeinfo( COMPONENT_DATA, DBFDBE_LOCKMODE , DBF_NOLOCK )
>>
>> thank you very much everyone, best regards
>>

>> oError:args         :     -> NIL
>> oError:canDefault   : N
>> oError:canRetry     : Y
>> oError:canSubstitute: N
>> oError:cargo        : NIL
>> oError:description  : Error while reading a file
>> oError:filename     :
>> oError:genCode      :         73,00
>> oError:operation    :
>> oError:osCode       :          0,00
>> oError:severity     :          2,00
>> oError:subCode      :       8999,00
>> oError:subSystem    : BASE
>> oError:thread       :          1,00
>> oError:tries        :          1,00
>>

> Hello, can you reproduce this behaviour with two very small executables
> doing only this? If so, can you post the code?

Jack DuijfRe: Error while reading a file
on Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:50:18 +0100
Hello,

Make sure that windows indexing is switched off on the folder
Also exclude this folder form anit-virus

Regards
Jack Duijf

Also a member off the XXP (http://www.xxp.nl)

---
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: Error while reading a file
on Thu, 04 Jan 2018 11:18:29 -0300
hi Jack, the problem was in principle for having used the DBFCDX tables with
the FOXCDX driver, with which I was doing tests. Once returned to the DBFCDX
driver the problem was not presented again and for now I have not advanced
to reach a more specific conclusion

Thank you very much for the advice

"Jack Duijf" wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Make sure that windows indexing is switched off on the folder
> Also exclude this folder form anit-virus
>

> Regards
> Jack Duijf

> Also a member off the XXP (http://www.xxp.nl)
>
> ---
> Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
> http://www.avg.com

Jorge L. BorlandoRe: Error while reading a file
on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 17:14:17 -0300
Joao
Reviewing the code, I discovered that the commented behavior is generated
from the use of the FOXCDX driver with which I was doing other tests, using
DBFCDX does not present problems

Thanks again!