Alaska Software Inc. - Windows 10 tablet
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Windows 10 tablet
Thomas PoolWindows 10 tablet
on Thu, 10 Nov 2016 17:23:30 +0100
Hi All,
I tested my apps (via Dropbox) on a Windows 10 tablet.
The apps seem to work all right but for one thing: the menu's aren't opened
on the touch-screen. Buttons do react though.
Is there a solution for this problem?
Thanx & regards, Thomas J. Pool
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Windows 10 tablet
on Thu, 10 Nov 2016 15:43:59 -0500
Thomas,

>The apps seem to work all right but for one thing: the menu's aren't opened
>on the touch-screen. Buttons do react though.

A couple of questions come to mind:

* What version of Xbase++ do you use?
* Do the menus of other applications work?
* Could it be a problem with too high resolution (resulting in too small
  menus or too fat fingers)?

I have not seen any problems with menus (of any kind, in any kind of Xbase++
or any other kind of applications) on Windows 10 in tablet mode. The only
problem I sometimes see is on high resolution displays is that the menu is
too small to be reliably selected with fingers, but the pen always works.

But I haven't tested any older programs compiled with Xbase++ version 1.9
and before, so that might be in issue, but I kinda doubt that, as all other
application's menus work as expected.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Thomas PoolRe: Windows 10 tablet
on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 13:40:45 +0100
Hi Andreas,

* What version of Xbase++ do you use?
1.9
* Could it be a problem with too high resolution (resulting in too small
  menus or too fat fingers)?
That's indeed the case. It's a 8 inch tablet and the menu-area's are small.
Touching them very carefully makes them react sometimes. Extending the
menu-area's (is that possible?) would be a solution.
A pen for touchscreens do have a special touch-tip?

Thanx & regards, Thomas

Op Thu, 10 Nov 2016 15:43:59 -0500 schreef Andreas Gehrs-Pahl:

> Thomas,
>
>>The apps seem to work all right but for one thing: the menu's aren't opened
>>on the touch-screen. Buttons do react though.
>
> A couple of questions come to mind:
>
> * What version of Xbase++ do you use?
> * Do the menus of other applications work?
> * Could it be a problem with too high resolution (resulting in too small
>   menus or too fat fingers)?
>
> I have not seen any problems with menus (of any kind, in any kind of Xbase++
> or any other kind of applications) on Windows 10 in tablet mode. The only
> problem I sometimes see is on high resolution displays is that the menu is
> too small to be reliably selected with fingers, but the pen always works.
>
> But I haven't tested any older programs compiled with Xbase++ version 1.9
> and before, so that might be in issue, but I kinda doubt that, as all other
> application's menus work as expected.
>
> Andreas
Jim LeeRe: Windows 10 tablet
on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 14:04:11 +0100
> * What version of Xbase++ do you use?
> 1.9

PDR 6470

Touch need Upgrade to v2.x ( see also PDR 6505, 6822 )
Thomas BraunRe: Windows 10 tablet
on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 16:44:44 +0100
Thomas Pool wrote:

> A pen for touchscreens do have a special touch-tip?

If you have a capacitive touch panel you need a special pen, but not for
resistive panels.

Resistive panels are rarely in use, especially because they do not have
good support for multi-touch an are less precise.

Thomas