Alaska Software Inc. - Intellihelp embedded documantation not working
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Intellihelp embedded documantation not working
Joe Carrick - the ManiaccIntellihelp embedded documantation not working
on Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:38:36 -0700
I just tried to access my embedded docs on a couple of functions and all I
get is the parameter list - the embedded docs are not visible.  This was
working before and I checked the editor settings to make sure they were
correct.

What's the trick to get it back?

-Joe
Joe Carrick - the ManiaccFound the problem - very interesting
on Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:47:46 -0700
Here's what happened:

At some point, all of the html tags got edited so that a space was inserted
after the "<" and before the ">" so that

/// <summary>

became

/// < summary >

etc.
This caused the intellicode system to not recognize the embedded
documentation.
IMO, this is a little picky, but maybe it can't be helped.  However, if
possible, it should be fixed.

-Joe

"Joe Carrick - the Maniacc" <joe.carrick@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> I just tried to access my embedded docs on a couple of functions and all I
> get is the parameter list - the embedded docs are not visible.  This was
> working before and I checked the editor settings to make sure they were
> correct.
>
> What's the trick to get it back?
>
> -Joe

Phil Ide
Re: Found the problem - very interesting
on Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:30:39 +0100
Joe,

> At some point, all of the html tags got edited so that a space was inserted
> after the "<" and before the ">" so that
> etc.
> This caused the intellicode system to not recognize the embedded
> documentation.
> IMO, this is a little picky, but maybe it can't be helped.  However, if
> possible, it should be fixed.

Unfortunately, this is the way that HTML is defined.  Try adding/removing
spaces in the H1 tags below and see what happens in your browser:

  <head>
    <title>Test</title>
  </head>
    <h1 >Hello World!< /h1>