Alaska Software Inc. - xbphtmlviewer disappears on focus change
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: xbphtmlviewer disappears on focus change
JUAN GONZALEZxbphtmlviewer disappears on focus change
on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 00:33:32 +0100
Hello friends.
I am trying to embedd an xbphtmlviewer object in a dialog window (to display a
pdf file), and everything works fine until I switch to another application or
simply minimize/maximize the window. When I do whatever of those actions,
ramdomly the xbphtmlviewer appears as an empty rectangle, and when I right
click on its areas, its parts start to be redrawn.
To test, I tried the ..\source\samples\activex\webbrowser\webbrowser.exe
sample, and it offers the same behaviour displaying the pdf file.
I am using foxit reader to display pdf files in the IE browser. When I use IE,
the display is always correct, no matter the number of times I switch to other
applications.
Can you help me about where to dig to find a solution?
Thank you very much.
Juampa
JUAN GONZALEZRe: xbphtmlviewer disappears on focus change
on Thu, 30 Nov 2017 00:35:53 +0100
I wrote an error: instead of "when I right click" I should have written
"when I left click"

JUAN GONZALEZ wrote in message news:5fb1e0f4$38d5913b$2d747@news.alaska-
software.com...
>Hello friends.
>I am trying to embedd an xbphtmlviewer object in a dialog window (to
display a
>pdf file), and everything works fine until I switch to another application
or
>simply minimize/maximize the window. When I do whatever of those actions,
>ramdomly the xbphtmlviewer appears as an empty rectangle, and when I right
>click on its areas, its parts start to be redrawn.
>To test, I tried the ..\source\samples\activex\webbrowser\webbrowser.exe
>sample, and it offers the same behaviour displaying the pdf file.
>I am using foxit reader to display pdf files in the IE browser. When I use
IE,
>the display is always correct, no matter the number of times I switch to
other
>applications.
>Can you help me about where to dig to find a solution?
>Thank you very much.
>Juampa
JUAN GONZALEZRe: xbphtmlviewer disappears on focus change
on Sat, 02 Dec 2017 16:18:37 +0100
Hello friends.
Just in case somebody faces the same problem, I think I found a workaround.
Using the setInputFocus callback of the window, I call a UDF that searches the
childlist() for Activex Controls, and then launchs the invalidateRect() method
for each of them.
I do not know if it is the best solution, but it works by now.
With kind regards
Juampa

software.com...