Alaska Software Inc. - file seek
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: file seek
rousseau alainfile seek
on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:26:31 +0100
Hello everyone
I am bored
I need a function or a program that allows the search for a file loses on
the hard drive.
It was therefore necessary to go through the entire tree structure of the DD
Can you help me out?
Thank you

Alain Rousseau
Carlos a Beling Re: file seek
on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:46:04 -0300
Hello Alain.
I got the attached function many time ago and I did not tested it.
I hope it can to be a start point for you.

Fraternally
Beling

Em 14/03/2018 11:26, rousseau alain escreveu:
> Hello everyone
> I am bored
> I need a function or a program that allows the search for a file loses
> on the hard drive.
> It was therefore necessary to go through the entire tree structure of
> the DD
> Can you help me out?
> Thank you
>
> Alain Rousseau

FileSearch.prg
Jim LeeRe: file seek
on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 19:34:16 +0100
hi,

> I need a function or a program that allows the search for a file loses on
> the hard drive.
> It was therefore necessary to go through the entire tree structure of the
> DD

i use Everything http://www.voidtools.com/
it read NTFS directory direkt and have own database.
it does have a SDK so you can use it with Xbase++ and find every file within
< 1 Sec.
Thomas BraunRe: file seek
on Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:19:43 +0100
Jim Lee wrote:

> i use Everything http://www.voidtools.com/

Best part of the FAQ, really made me laugh:

> Does "Everything" contain any malware, spyware or adware?
>
> No, "Everything" does not contain any malware, spyware or adware.

Of course, if he says so!

Thomas
Thomas BraunRe: file seek
on Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:21:25 +0100
rousseau alain wrote:

> It was therefore necessary to go through the entire tree structure of the DD
> Can you help me out?
> Thank you

For really complex searches, including file contents and searching with
regular expressions I use the free version of Agent Ransack.

hth
Thomas