Alaska Software Inc. - Dashboard
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Dashboard
Jack Duijf Dashboard
on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:47:00 +0200
Hello,

I try to build a dashboard as part of a application.
Besides some bar and pie graphs (Rmchart) is want to have a image as
attached.
The meter should be able to point at any value.

Has someone ever made this, or are there Axtive-X / Dll's availebel to
create this?

Regards,
jack Duijf

dashboard.jpg
Pablo BotellaRe: Dashboard
on Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:39:53 +0200
Hello Jack,

http://www.uniworkstech.com/products.htm
This guys have a nice ActiveX meter. Maybe you can give a try.

The other option is request me to make a custom ready to use Xbp in C++ , probably more easy to use and at similar cost.

Regards,
Pablo Botella
Jack Duijf Re: Dashboard
on Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:05:07 +0200
Hello Pablo,

Thank you for the reply.
I wil discuss the samples with my customer.

Regards,
Jack Duijf

Op 16-7-2010 20:39, Pablo Botella schreef:
> http://www.uniworkstech.com/products.htm
> This guys have a nice ActiveX meter. Maybe you can give a try.
>
> The other option is request me to make a custom ready to use Xbp in C++ , probably more easy to use and at similar cost.
Osvaldo Luis AokiRe: Dashboard
on Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:25:20 -0300
Hi Pablo,

    How much des it cost to make a similar meeter to include xbase
aplication ?

    Can you send me a prototype/image and call function to my analise...

    Thanks,
    Osvaldo L Aoki

"Pablo Botella" <pb_no_spam_@_remove_all_betwen_underscores_xbwin.com>
escreveu na mensagem news:6fdc70e0$e7b4ddd$4dc77@news.alaska-software.com...
> Hello Jack,
>
> http://www.uniworkstech.com/products.htm
> This guys have a nice ActiveX meter. Maybe you can give a try.
>
> The other option is request me to make a custom ready to use Xbp in C++ ,
> probably more easy to use and at similar cost.
>
> Regards,
> Pablo Botella

Pablo BotellaRe: Dashboard
on Mon, 26 Jul 2010 11:28:06 +0200
Hi,

>    How much des it cost to make a similar meeter to include xbase
> aplication ?
As you know I'm just charging the working time and always provide all the source code. A simple one will cost arround 180 EUR
you can provide the background image , origin and range and I will make a control to draw and update it.
If you want the gravity efect you must add at least 2 extra hours.
I think there are a lot of images for the background, just need to spend a little time in google, but if you need something special I can put in contact with a good designer.

>    Can you send me a prototype/image and call function to my analise...
You will provide the look you will want
about the usage like any other XBP
oGauge := XbpGauge():New( oParent, oOwner,...... )
oGauge:cImgBuffer := Memoread(cImgFile) or LoadResource()
oGauge:aNeedleOrigin := { x , y }  TD image based coordinates
oGauge:nNeedleLengt  :=  n  ( InPixels )
oGauge:nNeedleStart   := n.nnn ( in degrees )
oGauge:nNeedleEnd    := n.nnn ( in degrees )
oGauge aValueRange  := { nMin , nMax )
oGauge:nValue := n   changing the value at any time will be reflected in the gauge
oGauge:Create()

Regards,
Pablo Botella
Brent Dubs Re: Dashboard
on Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:18:51 -0500
Jack,

Not sure if this is an option for you or not, but if your app can use a
display images from the web, you can use google to create your graphics.
  You just pass them the numbers you want and they pass back a graphic.
We use it for our internal website. See attached image.

You kind of have to search for what you want, but there's lots of
goodies that are free from google.

http://code.google.com/apis/chart/docs/gallery/googleometer_chart.html

-Brent

Jack Duijf wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to build a dashboard as part of a application.
> Besides some bar and pie graphs (Rmchart) is want to have a image as
> attached.
> The meter should be able to point at any value.
>
> Has someone ever made this, or are there Axtive-X / Dll's availebel to
> create this?
>
> Regards,
> jack Duijf

Image1.jpg
Igor FERKRe: Dashboard
on Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:46:16 +0200
Jack,
maybe you can wait for L&L ver 16 (until Nov. 2010).
http://www.combit.net/en/reporting-tool/report-generator-List-Label-new-version
Regards,
Igor