Alaska Software Inc. - waa1srv keep port 1024 "open" after quit
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: waa1srv keep port 1024 "open" after quit
Pablo Botella Navarrowaa1srv keep port 1024 "open" after quit
on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:52:16 +0100
Hi,

By time to time after quit waa1srv.exe the port 1024 seems still binded on the waa1srv.exe process even terminated, so next time launch the waa1srv.exe cannot bind to 1024 and no other way than restart the server.

any clues?

Regards,
Pablo Botella
Thomas BraunRe: waa1srv keep port 1024 "open" after quit
on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 08:39:14 +0100
Pablo Botella Navarro wrote:

> By time to time after quit waa1srv.exe the port 1024 seems still binded on the waa1srv.exe process even terminated

Sure? Did you check with task manager or procmon?

> so next time launch the waa1srv.exe cannot bind to 1024 and no other way than restart the server.

No need to restart - logging off the current user and logging on again
should not only remove all running (or hanging) processes but also close
all ports.

Thomas
Pablo Botella NavarroRe: waa1srv keep port 1024 "open" after quit
on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:37:08 +0100
Hi,

> Sure? Did you check with task manager or procmon?
Yes and Yes
The port 1024 appear as binded to a PID that already finalized, and not listed in the list of processes on the task manager.

> No need to restart - logging off the current user and logging on again
> should not only remove all running (or hanging) processes but also close
> all ports.
Will try next time

>One more question - what is the server OS platform?
Windows 2008 R2

Regards,
Pablo Botella
Thomas BraunRe: waa1srv keep port 1024 "open" after quit
on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:26:44 +0100
Pablo Botella Navarro wrote:

>>One more question - what is the server OS platform?
> Windows 2008 R2

Hmmm... I'm running WAA on that platform for about two years now - never
had any issues like yours.

Thomas
Thomas BraunRe: waa1srv keep port 1024 "open" after quit
on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 08:39:49 +0100