Alaska Software Inc. - Greg Doran
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Greg Doran
Mark NolanGreg Doran
on Tue, 01 Oct 2013 23:23:40 +0100
It is with great regret that I announce the sad passing of Greg Doran from
Ireland.  Greg was my friend and colleague and also friend to many XBase++
developers around the world.

Greg passed away suddenly yesterday.

May he rest in peace.

Mark Nolan
Mercury Software Ltd.
Ireland
Pablo BotellaRe: Greg Doran
on Wed, 02 Oct 2013 16:19:18 +0200
We will miss him
My condolences to the family.

Pablo Botella
James LoughnerRe: Greg Doran
on Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:12:44 -0400
Oh dear Greg was one of the good ones

Jim

On 10/01/2013 06:23 PM, Mark Nolan wrote:
> It is with great regret that I announce the sad passing of Greg Doran from
> Ireland.  Greg was my friend and colleague and also friend to many XBase++
> developers around the world.
>
> Greg passed away suddenly yesterday.
>
> May he rest in peace.
>
> Mark Nolan
> Mercury Software Ltd.
> Ireland

Clayton Jones Re: Greg Doran
on Thu, 03 Oct 2013 14:43:57 -0400
Greg made helpful contributions to the Xbase++ community on many
levels.  He had a brilliant mind and had extensive knowledge of
printers and printer drivers, having worked in that industry.  At one
point, quite some years ago now, he helped the Alaska development team
sort out some sort of unusual problem in the printer class.

He also made many contributions to developers here in the news group,
and was a good friend to me and to Top-Down Library, to which he made
some significant contributions.  His cheerful face was always a
welcome sight at devcons and I will miss him.

Regards,
Clayton

Clayton Jones   www.cjcom.net
 Top-Down Library for Xbase++
 X-DBU Database Utility
 X-MEMO Memo Field Replacement
 Spell-X  Spell Checking for Xbase++
Mark SergentRe: Greg Doran
on Thu, 03 Oct 2013 14:41:03 -0700
On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 23:23:40 +0100, Mark Nolan wrote:

> It is with great regret that I announce the sad passing of Greg Doran from
> Ireland.  Greg was my friend and colleague and also friend to many XBase++
> developers around the world.
>
> Greg passed away suddenly yesterday.
>
> May he rest in peace.
>
> Mark Nolan
> Mercury Software Ltd.
> Ireland

I have had the privilage of working with greg for the past 8 years. He had
been doing full time contract work for our company during this time.

Greg was a good frend and colleage and will be sadly missed by the xbase
commynity, my employess and myself.

My condolences to his freinds and family.

Mark Sergent
InnSource Solutions Inc.
mark@innsourcesolutions.com
Michael HoffmannRe: Greg Doran
on Sat, 05 Oct 2013 18:04:30 +0200
Hello Greg,

I don't know if they have an internet connection in Xbase heaven, but I sure
hope they do!

We've met at the end of the last millennium on the Xbase newsgroups, I've
been chatting with you in person a few times on several Xbase Devcons and
we've been in close E-Mail contact for a long time. It has always been a
great pleasure conversing with you, no matter where and how. To my last
"Still-Out-There-Ping" I sent in May last year you answered you were still
"going strong" although you suffered from diabetes. I was glad to hear you
were well although that left me a little worried.

Now you have suddenly passed away on October, 1st,  which happens to be my
birthday.

Thank you for having been with us for that long period of time, for all your
wonderfully constructive postings and the cheerful private E-Mails I am
happy to have received from you during those years. I hope you had the time
to sort things out for your loved ones and provide for their future.
Naaahhhh, I'm sure you did, old man from Dublin!

Looking forward to seeing you again some time and while still being on this
side of eternity I will be looking for you whenever I'm flying in bright
sunlight above the clouds. I wouldn't be too amazed if I suddenly heard a
Saxophone play in my headset.

Cheers!

Michael

Greg.png
Bill SimmethRe: Greg Doran
on Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:27:19 -0400
So sorry to hear this news.  I will always have fond memories of meeting
Greg at the New Hampshire meetings. Concdolences to family.