Alaska Software Inc. - Aliases as Variables?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Aliases as Variables?
Al WimberlyAliases as Variables?
on Fri, 02 Apr 2010 09:14:49 -0400
I'm getting an "Unknown/invalid symbol for alias" error on this line:

if (cAlias)->(used())

cAlias is a character variable passed into a custom file open function. I've
tried &cAlias and just cAlias without the parentheses -- no luck.  I seem to
remember this was an issue with early versions of Clipper. How does Xbase++
handle it?

Thanks
Pablo BotellaRe: Aliases as Variables?
on Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:02:14 +0200
Hi,
(cAlias)-> is 100% legal however must be an opened database with this alias in the workspace of the current thread so in this specific case I would write instead
if !Empty(Select(cAlias))

Regards,
Pablo Botella
James Loughner Re: Aliases as Variables?
on Sun, 04 Apr 2010 19:56:19 -0400
That should be no problem is cAlias holds a proper value.

Jim