Alaska Software Inc. - Waa Problem waa1gate.dll
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Waa Problem waa1gate.dll
Francesco FrulioWaa Problem waa1gate.dll
on Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:36:11 +0200
Windows Web Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1

IIS 7.5

www.francescofrulio.it

server error 500

any suggestion ?

thancks in advance

Francesco
Francesco FrulioRe: Waa Problem waa1gate.dll
on Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:42:03 +0200
Sorry , I use , Alaska Waa 1.90.355 SL1

"Francesco Frulio" <francesco.frulio@libero.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Windows Web Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
>
> IIS 7.5
>
> www.francescofrulio.it
>

> server error 500
> any suggestion ?
>
> thancks in advance
>
> Francesco

Thomas Braun
Re: Waa Problem waa1gate.dll
on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:12:52 +0200
Francesco Frulio wrote:

> Windows Web Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
> IIS 7.5
> www.francescofrulio.it
> server error 500

This is a very generic error code that could literally mean anything or
nothing - it basically tells you something is wrong, which you already
know anyway

> any suggestion ?

I don't think we have enough details to give you any suggestion at all.

Maybe you could tell us what you exactly did so far to get this up and
running?

From my side I can't even acess the URL from above (timeout) - so there
seems to be no webserver listening there at all.

First step would be to get the server serve a static HTML document.

Unfortunately I'm not using IIS but Apache 2.x instead, so I can't help
much on the IIS side.

I know that there are a few potential problems, ranging from access rights
over search paths/locations of Xase++ runtime DLLs to specific steps to be
done in the IIS configuration to be able to use waa1gate.dll as an ISAPI
gateway.

But that should be covered in the WAA documentation!??

Thomas
Francesco FrulioRe: Waa Problem waa1gate.dll
on Tue, 03 May 2011 20:21:20 +0200
Thanks for your help.

I managed to get it to work, the problem is solved by setting the
permissions in IIS 7.5 IIS_IUSRS

Now I'm configuring Apache ....
Windows 7 Home Premium

after installing all, when

http://localhost/cgi-bin/waa1gate.exe

http error 403 access denied

you have any suggestions?

thanks in advance

"Thomas Braun" <spam@software-braun.de> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Francesco Frulio wrote:
>
>> Windows Web Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
>> IIS 7.5
>> www.francescofrulio.it
>> server error 500
>
> This is a very generic error code that could literally mean anything or
> nothing - it basically tells you something is wrong, which you already
> know anyway
>
>> any suggestion ?
>
> I don't think we have enough details to give you any suggestion at all.
>
> Maybe you could tell us what you exactly did so far to get this up and
> running?
>
> From my side I can't even acess the URL from above (timeout) - so there
> seems to be no webserver listening there at all.
>
> First step would be to get the server serve a static HTML document.
>
> Unfortunately I'm not using IIS but Apache 2.x instead, so I can't help
> much on the IIS side.
>
> I know that there are a few potential problems, ranging from access rights
> over search paths/locations of Xase++ runtime DLLs to specific steps to be
> done in the IIS configuration to be able to use waa1gate.dll as an ISAPI
> gateway.
>
> But that should be covered in the WAA documentation!??
>
> Thomas
Thomas Braun
Re: Waa Problem waa1gate.dll
on Wed, 04 May 2011 12:24:18 +0200
Francesco Frulio wrote:

> http://localhost/cgi-bin/waa1gate.exe
>
> http error 403 access denied
>
> you have any suggestions?

This is as well a rights issue - either OS level access rights of the user
running the apache service or the access rights defined in htttp.conf.

So -> show me your httpd.conf

Especially important are the ScriptAlias configuration and how the
associated Directory statement looks like.

Thomas