Alaska Software Inc. - Microsoft Common Controls Version 6.0
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Microsoft Common Controls Version 6.0
Carlos A Beling Microsoft Common Controls Version 6.0
on Sat, 21 Dec 2019 11:25:30 -0300
Merry Christmas.
Please which are the above controls used by Xbase++ 2.0 and where can I
find they?

Fraternally
Beling
Jim LeeRe: Microsoft Common Controls Version 6.0
on Sun, 22 Dec 2019 01:02:08 +0100
hi,

> Please which are the above controls used by Xbase++ 2.0 and where can I
> find they?

MonthView and DTPicker need MSCOMCT2.OCX which was Part of older Office
Version so there is no "official" download.

but as *.OCX is not delivert with modern OS any more (it have a Reason) i
recommend NOT to use *.OCX.

i wrote all these as native Control using ot4xb which can download in Pablos
Newsgroup.
if you need Source just write me a Email
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Microsoft Common Controls Version 6.0
on Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:16:21 -0500
Carlos,

>Please which are the above controls used by Xbase++ 2.0 and where can I
>find they?

If you download and install the (free) Windows SDK, you will have a program
called "oleview.exe". This will list you all the Active-X components that
are installed on your computer. You might have to run it in Admin mode!

Select the "Type Libraries" node and scroll down to the following entry:

	Microsoft Windows Common Controls-2 6.0 (SP6) (Ver 2.0)

or something very similar. It will show you (on the right) the Registry
entry for the TypeLib, including the file name and path, which should be
something like the following (on Windows 10, 64 bit):

	C:\Windows\SysWow64\MSComCt2.ocx

If you double click on the TreeView item, the ITypeLib Viewer will show you
all the available info on the "MSComCt2.ocx".

If you expand the "CoClasses" node of the TreeView (on the left), and then
expand the "coclass MonthView" node, you can browse all the Methods and
Instance Variables of that Class, as well as all the available Events.

If you don't have the "MSComCt2.ocx" file installed on your computer, you
can install it from the "MSComCt2.cab" file, if you have it. Otherwise,
you might be able to copy it from another computer, or you can do an
Internet search for one of those files. As it is part of Visual Basic, you
can't get it from Microsoft, unless you have VB installed.

Hope that helps anyway,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos A Beling Re: Microsoft Common Controls Version 6.0
on Thu, 26 Dec 2019 11:46:35 -0300
Hi Jim and Andreas.
Merry Christmas.
Many thanks again.