Alaska Software Inc. - Function tdOne() does not work
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Function tdOne() does not work
RIBO SALAMANCAFunction tdOne() does not work
on Mon, 11 Nov 2019 08:18:41 -0500
The tdOne () function does not work.

The application is launched several times but does not prevent it from
starting.
Anyone save how to solve this fault ?.

Stay tuned,
Ribo Salamanca
Jonathan LeemingRe: Function tdOne() does not work
on Mon, 11 Nov 2019 10:02:42 -0700
On 11/11/2019 6:18 AM, RIBO SALAMANCA wrote:
> The tdOne () function does not work.
>
> The application is launched several times but does not prevent it from
> starting.
> Anyone save how to solve this fault ?.
>
> Stay tuned,
> Ribo Salamanca

Hi Ribo,

I believe the function you are referring to is tdOneInst(cTitle).
Although I don't currently use it I just reinstated it back into my
application and, for me, it works as documented.  Keep in mind cTitle as
passed has to be an exact match with the title in the application main
window.  In the documentation Clayton stated that he uses it in his
tdDemo so I also tried running td90Demo.exe twice and only had one
instance running as expected.

Although I used to use Clayton's tdOneInst() function, in 2016 I
switched to using a function created by Michael McVicker called
InstCnt() as in "Instance Counter" that uses API calls to determine how
many instances of the current application.exe are running and like
tdOneInst() can place focus on the instance already running.  It does
not use the window title.

I don't specifically remember where I acquired it from but believe it is
in the public domain so I am attaching the zip file that should contain
everything one needs to incorporate it.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@familycentre.org
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

InstanceCounter.zip
Anand GuptaRe: Function tdOne() does not work
on Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:21:02 +0100
RIBO SALAMANCA wrote in message news:5838030f$616b1a07$a23f4@news.alaska-software.com...
>The tdOne () function does not work.
>Ribo Salamanca

tdOne..() works fine if the title of the running instance is not changed, from what is written in tdOne..(<title>).

I use it in my apps.

Regards,

Anand