Alaska Software Inc. - How to ??
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How to ??
Rousseau AlainHow to ??
on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 10:49:42 +0100
Hello

    I have a shop and I'm a programmer
I use clipper87 and since 2000 i have convert my program to Xbase

Now I have buy a new shop in France
and On the computer we have a program that sell with the shop
(fait partie du fond de commerce)
We are independant but in France we have 350 shop like mine.

the program was writing by an other society and it's use on the 350 shop

I don't like this program
and I would like replace by mine
I have two desagrement to make this change

My program can't pilot the payment with banking card.
We have a reader of banking card (Banksys from Atos worldline Belgium)
the server CB is installed on each pc and on the server.
The program from headquarter is write in Foxpro and call a program to make
the cb.
Have some idea or experience of this
in the coding of Xbase : how I can make that (how I call this program, and
initialisation ...)

The second thing : we use a fidelity card with  a card reader
(carte à puce in english chip card !!??)
the reader is xentia connected by usb
A program run named (carte magique)
Th program in Foxpro read the customer point on card
increase the point by the items buy the customer and write the new amount of
point on the card
We can use the point on the card to transform it in money and so on

You understand I can't contact the societe of computer science that it
create the soft
I can't sat I would like replace your soft !!!

Thanks a lot

AND SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISY

my mother language is french !!

Annick & Alain Rousseau
JouéClub Perpignan
Espace Roussillon EST (RD83)
Route de Barcarès
66530 Claira (Perpignan)
Tél : 04 68 08 20 00
http://www.joueclub-perpignan.fr
http://www.facebook.com/joueclub.perpignan
Boris BorzicRe: How to ??
on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 17:39:05 +0100
"Rousseau Alain" <Rousseau.Alain@skynet.be> wrote in news:57fc0061$1d686a3f
$597c@news.alaska-software.com:

> I have a shop and I'm a programmer
> I use clipper87 and since 2000 i have convert my program to Xbase
>
> Now I have buy a new shop in France
> and On the computer we have a program that sell with the shop
> (fait partie du fond de commerce)
> We are independant but in France we have 350 shop like mine.
>
> the program was writing by an other society and it's use on the 350 shop
>
> I don't like this program
> and I would like replace by mine
> I have two desagrement to make this change

The way I see it, there are basically 2 choices:

1. replicate the functions of the other (FoxPro) program inside your Xbase
program. If you don't have documentation how the other functions work, then
you may be able to backward engineer it by using tools like wireshark
(assuming that TCP/IP is used).

2. keep the existing FoxPro functions that interface to the bank and
loyalty cards, but modify them to interface with your Xbase app. This means
that you need to exchange data between Xbase++ and FoxPro. TO exchange data
you can do various things like use a text file, database or SOAP. The
advantage of SOAP is that it works like calling any other Xbase++ function,
except that the function can be located in another application either on
the same machine on another computer. With SOAP you can also easily
exchange complex data between the applications - something that is
difficult to do using a text file. If you want to experiment with SOAP,
please have a looke here: http://xb2.net/xb2net/index.htm

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools