Alaska Software Inc. - Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
Claudio Driussi Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:57:32 +0100
Hi everybody!

I have an application written in Xbase++ 1.9 that works
on many PC from XP to Win10 without big troubles except
some antivirus.

In only one PC with Win 10 I get this fatal error:

FATAL ERROR LOG
Not recoverable Error!
SYS Thread-ID: 196
Module: EH
Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
Call Stack of Thread 1 (196):
Call Stack of GUI Thread (1088):
File: Z:\AGC\AGC.EXE
TimeStamp: 20171121 17:25
End of FATAL ERROR LOG.

Until some time ago on the same PC the application
worked but now it works no more, I don't know what
happened.

What means the error codes?

Can someone help me?

Best regards.

Claudio Driussi
Claudio Driussi Re: Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 18:52:09 +0100
I seen the "Windows 10 Creators Update" thread only now.

It answered to my question if there are no news.

The my last question is:

With 100% character resolution it's ok?

Because if is so I am already safe until the next
pitfall.

Sorry but I don't need Xbse++ 2 until my 1.9 apps
works because I need no new features, I am still
maintaining my software and I don't know if
upgrading to 2.0 I will go into troubles or not,
so if I can I prefer to stay where I am.

Best regards.
Claudio Driussi

Il 21/11/2017 17:57, Claudio Driussi ha scritto:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I have an application written in Xbase++ 1.9 that works
> on many PC from XP to Win10 without big troubles except
> some antivirus.
>
> In only one PC with Win 10 I get this fatal error:

> FATAL ERROR LOG
> Not recoverable Error!
> SYS Thread-ID: 196
> Module: EH
> Error Codes: EH: 900 Sub: 0(0) OS: 0 XPP: 0
> Call Stack of Thread 1 (196):
> Call Stack of GUI Thread (1088):
> File: Z:\AGC\AGC.EXE
> TimeStamp: 20171121 17:25
> End of FATAL ERROR LOG.
>
> Until some time ago on the same PC the application
> worked but now it works no more, I don't know what
> happened.
>
> What means the error codes?
>
> Can someone help me?
>
> Best regards.
>
> Claudio Driussi

Zupan Miran Re: Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 09:34:02 +0100
I also had the same opinion.
Why buy a new version if I do not (currently) need it ... ?
But in spite of everything I bought it and I did not regret.
My wife has an accounting service and PCs have been recently
upgraded to windows 10 - version 1709.
Programs with 1.9 still works OK ... or randomly very strange ... or not

Then I simply compiled all the program (and Clayton's topdown lib)
with version 2 and everything works (with some "beauty" fixes) just like before ...
Now I have some bonus points from my wife ... he he

But seriously, I recommend that you replace old version 1.9 with new 2.0
There is no other solution and there is no way back.
More and more customers will have new windows 10 (and version xxxx)
and version 1.9 will no longer be usable and become obsolete ...

Best regards
Miran Zupan

---
Ta e-pošta je bila pregledana z Avast protivirusnim programom.
Claudio Driussi Re: Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 11:39:11 +0100
Il 22/11/2017 09:34, Zupan Miran wrote:
> I also had the same opinion.
> Why buy a new version if I do not (currently) need it ... ?
> But in spite of everything I bought it and I did not regret.
> My wife has an accounting service and PCs have been recently
> upgraded to windows 10 - version 1709.
> Programs with 1.9 still works OK ... or randomly very strange ... or not
>
> Then I simply compiled all the program (and Clayton's topdown lib)
> with version 2 and everything works (with some "beauty" fixes) just like
> before ...
> Now I have some bonus points from my wife ... he he
>
> But seriously, I recommend that you replace old version 1.9 with new 2.0
> There is no other solution and there is no way back.
> More and more customers will have new windows 10 (and version xxxx)
> and version 1.9 will no longer be usable and become obsolete ...

Yes, sooner or later I must upgrade from 1.9 to 2.0, but my doubt
is if everything works in the same manner after upgrade.

Because my applications are critical for many of my customers, so
if I switch from 1.9 to 2.0 all must work in the same manner, and
also I need to spend no much time to upgrade my applications.

Until now I had no need to upgrade so it was safer to remain
where I am. If I have to simple recompile the programs and
all works fine I will consider the upgrade.

Regards
Claudio Driussi
Zupan Miran Re: Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
on Wed, 22 Nov 2017 12:27:37 +0100
Ask Alaska (like I did) for to test version and try to recompile
your application ... and then you see ..
Best regards
Miran Zupan

---
Ta e-pošta je bila pregledana z Avast protivirusnim programom.
Frank GrossheinrichRe: Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
on Thu, 23 Nov 2017 17:18:01 +0100
Yes, that's the easiest: download the trial and check on your own!

Just one comment: Alaska Software always tries to save all your hard
work, your code. We do not want to break code nor functionality nor
anything else. So a recompile should do the job. This is what drives us
all at Alaska Software. And this will be true for version xx as well.
And if there are changes (i.e. XbpBrowse cursor navigation), then these
are documented.

Regards, Frank

On 22.11.2017 12:27, Zupan Miran wrote:
> Ask Alaska (like I did) for to test version and try to recompile
> your application ... and then you see ..
> Best regards
> Miran Zupan
>

> ---
> Ta e-pošta je bila pregledana z Avast protivirusnim programom.

Claudio Driussi Re: Fatal Error on 1 PC with Win10
on Fri, 24 Nov 2017 19:07:56 +0100
Il 23/11/2017 17:18, Frank Grossheinrich ha scritto:
> Yes, that's the easiest: download the trial and check on your own!

Fine, I'm almost ready, I will try ASAP.

> Just one comment: Alaska Software always tries to save all your hard
> work, your code. We do not want to break code nor functionality nor
> anything else. So a recompile should do the job. This is what drives us
> all at Alaska Software. And this will be true for version xx as well.
> And if there are changes (i.e. XbpBrowse cursor navigation), then these
> are documented.

I know, but sometime the differences are subtle and hard to detect.
The devil is always into details.

I will try.

> Regards, Frank

Regards.