Alaska Software Inc. - METHOD ... IS ... IN ...
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: METHOD ... IS ... IN ...
Carlos Beling METHOD ... IS ... IN ...
on Fri, 25 Aug 2023 19:12:17 -0300
Good night.
I was trying to use the METHOD declaration according to the attached
example and I could not to make it works.
Please can anyone help me making it work (if possible)?

Fraternally
Beling

Test.zip
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: METHOD ... IS ... IN ...
on Sun, 27 Aug 2023 19:18:12 -0400
Carlos,

>I was trying to use the METHOD declaration according to the attached
>example and I could not to make it works.
>Please can anyone help me making it work (if possible)?

I have no idea what you are trying to do with this, but you are creating a
class based on XbpDialog and XbpStatic, which seems weird, as they are both
based on the XbpWindow class. Then you add an iVar named oDlg to your object
that contains another, additional, XbpDialog object, which you initialize in
the :Init() method, create in the :Create() method, and finally destroy in
the :Destroy() method.

But you never initialize, create or destroy your Test object, or Self, so
you get an error when you try to call a method -- :Show() -- of it.

I suggest you remove the :oDlg object and use only Self instead.

Class Test from XbpDialog, XbpStatic
   Exported:
   Method Show is Show in XbpDialog

   Inline Method Init()
      Super:Init(AppDesktop(), NIL, NIL, {800, 600}, NIL, .f.)
      ::Title := 'Testing Purpose'
   return (Self)

   Inline Method Create()
      Super
      CenterControl(Self)
   return (Self)

   Inline Method Detroy()
      Super
   return (Self)
EndClass

Still don't know what you are trying to do with such a class, though.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[L]:   https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/AndreasGehrsPahl
[F]:   https://www.FaceBook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos Beling Re: METHOD ... IS ... IN ...
on Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:49:21 -0300
Hi Andreas.
Good day.
Many thanks again.
What I want to do is to create a XbpBrowse() class encapsulated in a
XbpDialog() where I use XbpDialog():menubar(), I add a tool bar and a
XbpStatic() that shows the description of the current stabilized line of
xbpbrowse(). IE the method :show() and others must to be executed in
XbpDialog() for avoiding partial rendering of the class.

Fraternally
Beling
Em 27/08/2023 20:18, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl escreveu:
> Carlos,
>
>> I was trying to use the METHOD declaration according to the attached
>> example and I could not to make it works.
>> Please can anyone help me making it work (if possible)?
>
> I have no idea what you are trying to do with this, but you are creating a
> class based on XbpDialog and XbpStatic, which seems weird, as they are both
> based on the XbpWindow class. Then you add an iVar named oDlg to your object
> that contains another, additional, XbpDialog object, which you initialize in
> the :Init() method, create in the :Create() method, and finally destroy in
> the :Destroy() method.
>
> But you never initialize, create or destroy your Test object, or Self, so
> you get an error when you try to call a method -- :Show() -- of it.
>
> I suggest you remove the :oDlg object and use only Self instead.
>
> Class Test from XbpDialog, XbpStatic
>     Exported:
>     Method Show is Show in XbpDialog
>
>     Inline Method Init()
>        Super:Init(AppDesktop(), NIL, NIL, {800, 600}, NIL, .f.)
>        ::Title := 'Testing Purpose'
>     return (Self)
>
>     Inline Method Create()
>        Super
>        CenterControl(Self)
>     return (Self)
>
>     Inline Method Detroy()
>        Super
>     return (Self)
> EndClass
>
> Still don't know what you are trying to do with such a class, though.
>
> Andreas
Slavoljub DamnjanovicRe: METHOD ... IS ... IN ...
on Mon, 02 Oct 2023 11:11:24 +0200
>I was trying to use the METHOD declaration according to the attached
>example and I could not to make it works.
>Please can anyone help me making it work (if possible)?

METHOD SHOW IS show IN XbpDialog

This is wrong since show() is method of XbpWindow and not XbpDialog. The
message error says that its not registered and that is true. Use the following
code, it works.

INLINE METHOD show()
      ::oDlg:show()
RETURN self

Regards
Carlos Beling Re: METHOD ... IS ... IN ...
on Mon, 02 Oct 2023 12:03:10 -0300
Hi Slavoljub:
good day.
Many, many thnks.