Alaska Software Inc. - Slow skipping with ISAM
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Slow skipping with ISAM
Peter NagySlow skipping with ISAM
on Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:31:28 +0200
Dear XBase++ Team,

I read your e-mail about "The Xbase++ July 2019 update..." and tried the
latest 20.1127 version of Xbase++. I configured the PostgreSQL Server based
on the recommended https://pgtune.leopard.in.ua tool. I experience
substantial speed up in the showing time of XbpBrowse (from 26sec to
3,5sec). It’s great, thank you!

But there is another problem. I try to attach a test program in which the
skipping in XbpBrowse is very slow in case of a big DBF with PGDBE, but I
can’t do it because the web browser send ERR_CONNECTION_RESET message.

Can you help me how can I speed up the skipping? Or if it possible can you
optimize the ISAM operations?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Steven
Jim LeeRe: Slow skipping with ISAM
on Wed, 21 Aug 2019 19:17:47 +0200
> seed up in the showing time of XbpBrowse (from 26sec to > 3,5sec).
> It's great, thank you!

do you think > 1 Sec. ist great ?
did we talk about LocalHost or Network ?

---
http://www.avg.com
Peter NagyRe: Slow skipping with ISAM
on Thu, 22 Aug 2019 10:25:20 +0200
It is a 100MB large DBF with 190.000 rows. I think, 3.5sec is not bad in
localhost instead of 26sec. Of course, without ISAM this time is about 1sec.

Jim Lee wrote in message news:2068577c$34cd4887$4623@news.alaska-
software.com...
>> seed up in the showing time of XbpBrowse (from 26sec to > 3,5sec).
>> It's great, thank you!
>
>do you think > 1 Sec. ist great ?
>did we talk about LocalHost or Network ?
>

>---
>http://www.avg.com
Peter NagyRe: Slow skipping with ISAM
on Wed, 04 Sep 2019 09:28:46 +0200
I had old database in Postgres (upsized with version 20.807).
A new upsize method solved the problem.