Alaska Software Inc. - waa linux
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: waa linux
Aleksander Terglavwaa linux
on Tue, 06 Mar 2012 22:56:27 +0100
Hi,

I would realy need a HowTo for setting up WAA. I have a Apache running on
linux server (opensuse 11.3). Has enyone succeded in setting up waa on
linux?

Regards MatejS
Thomas Braun
Re: waa linux
on Wed, 07 Mar 2012 09:02:12 +0100
Aleksander Terglav wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would realy need a HowTo for setting up WAA. I have a Apache running on
> linux server (opensuse 11.3). Has enyone succeded in setting up waa on
> linux?

I think there should be a waa1gate.exe somewhere under gateway/linux which
can be set up as a cgi.

But since WAA itself is a windows application you will need a Windows
server box anyway, so why not rund both on the same machine?
Aleksander TerglavRe: waa linux
on Wed, 07 Mar 2012 18:27:58 +0100
Thanks for the reply, but

how do I do that? I'm having problem telling my linux  Apache server to use
waa1gate.exe. Even if waa would run under virtual box, how to redirect
traffic from linux apache to VB, and where do I install waa1gate.exe

Regards A.

<Thomas Braun> wrote in message
> Aleksander Terglav wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would realy need a HowTo for setting up WAA. I have a Apache running on
>> linux server (opensuse 11.3). Has enyone succeded in setting up waa on
>> linux?
>
> I think there should be a waa1gate.exe somewhere under gateway/linux which
> can be set up as a cgi.
>
> But since WAA itself is a windows application you will need a Windows
> server box anyway, so why not rund both on the same machine?
Thomas Braun
Re: waa linux
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 08:57:08 +0100
Aleksander Terglav wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, but
>
> how do I do that? I'm having problem telling my linux  Apache server to use
> waa1gate.exe.

Starting point is of course the apache documentation at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/cgi.html

I never used Apache on Linux but I doubt it is much different from the
Windows version.

> Even if waa would run under virtual box, how to redirect
> traffic from linux apache to VB, and where do I install waa1gate.exe

The webbrowser talks to your webserver, which starts the cgi, which in turn
contacts WAA (via a socket connection) to get the data requested by the
browser.

waa1gate.cfg tells the waa1gate.exe where the WAA is located (host and
port):

hostname = waaserver
port     = 1024
docroot  = ../../linux
smtphost = mail

If WAA and httpd are on the same machine hostname would be "localhost", in
your case it would be a real hostname or IP address (even if WAA would run
in VirtualBox)

The second part is the WAA start batch on the Windows machine where you
tell WAA on which port to listen to requests from the gateway (= web
server)

SET WAA_WORKERTHREADS=5
SET WAA_HOST=waaserver
SET WAA_PORT=1024
waa1srv.exe
Aleksander TerglavRe: waa linux
on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:39:30 +0100
Thank you Thomas,

I have successfully installed and run waa on linux using gateway from linux
directory and wine for WAA. I will write and post a HOWTO to save some gray
hair to others.

Regards Aleksander

> Aleksander Terglav wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply, but
>>
>> how do I do that? I'm having problem telling my linux  Apache server to
>> use
>> waa1gate.exe.
>
> Starting point is of course the apache documentation at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/cgi.html
>
> I never used Apache on Linux but I doubt it is much different from the
> Windows version.
>
>> Even if waa would run under virtual box, how to redirect
>> traffic from linux apache to VB, and where do I install waa1gate.exe
>
> The webbrowser talks to your webserver, which starts the cgi, which in
> turn
> contacts WAA (via a socket connection) to get the data requested by the
> browser.
>
> waa1gate.cfg tells the waa1gate.exe where the WAA is located (host and
> port):
>
> hostname = waaserver
> port     = 1024
> docroot  = ../../linux
> smtphost = mail
>
> If WAA and httpd are on the same machine hostname would be "localhost", in
> your case it would be a real hostname or IP address (even if WAA would run
> in VirtualBox)
>
> The second part is the WAA start batch on the Windows machine where you
> tell WAA on which port to listen to requests from the gateway (= web
> server)
>
> SET WAA_WORKERTHREADS=5
> SET WAA_HOST=waaserver
> SET WAA_PORT=1024
> waa1srv.exe
Thomas Braun
Re: waa linux
on Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:48:16 +0100
Aleksander Terglav wrote:

> I have successfully installed and run waa on linux using gateway from linux
> directory and wine for WAA. I will write and post a HOWTO to save some gray
> hair to others.

Perfect - that is what we all wanted to hear

Glad I could help

Thomas
Allen Lee Re: waa linux
on Sat, 16 Jun 2012 23:57:18 -0700
Hi Aleksander:
Have managed to write a HOWTO on running WAA on Linux?
I have the same issue that you were solving.

On 3/8/2012 2:39 PM, Aleksander Terglav wrote:> Thank you Thomas,

 > I have successfully installed and run waa on linux using gateway from
linux
 > directory and wine for WAA. I will write and post a HOWTO to save
some gray
 > hair to others.
 >
 > Regards Aleksander
Aleksander TerglavRe: waa linux
on Tue, 20 Nov 2012 19:07:33 +0100
I frogot allitle about that. Hope I can still help, here is the link to
Alaska samples running on linux
http://alaska.polzela.org/

"Allen Lee" <lee@infopro.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Aleksander:
> Have managed to write a HOWTO on running WAA on Linux?
> I have the same issue that you were solving.
>
> On 3/8/2012 2:39 PM, Aleksander Terglav wrote:> Thank you Thomas,
> >
> > I have successfully installed and run waa on linux using gateway from
> linux
> > directory and wine for WAA. I will write and post a HOWTO to save
> some gray
> > hair to others.
> >
> > Regards Aleksander
Allen Lee Re: waa linux
on Wed, 21 Nov 2012 00:31:55 -0800
Hi Aleksander:
The Linux example looks good.
How did you do the setup?
Aleksander TerglavRe: waa linux
on Wed, 21 Nov 2012 22:21:33 +0100
Hope this helps. See attachment. Feel free to contact me at
matej.sevcnikar@gmail.com. Let me know how it went.

( Aleksander is the guy who bought the licence for me)

> Hi Aleksander:
> The Linux example looks good.
> How did you do the setup?

waa_under_linux.pdf