Alaska Software Inc. - events and definition of parents in objects
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: events and definition of parents in objects
Jorge L. Borlandoevents and definition of parents in objects
on Fri, 12 Oct 2018 09:08:29 -0300
Hi to all
Could you help me solve this problem?

As I have set the code, the loop-event processes all the events and I end up
having undesired results as I show in the image

to avoid the xbpDialog () executed in MySearch () and only the XbpSle ()
events are executed:
- Should I start a new loop-event in MySearch() and filter the events that
interest me?
- how should I define the father in the XbpDialog () in MySearch () to avoid
what I show in the image?

Best reagrds

            oDlg           := XbpDialog():new( AppDesktop(),, { 50, 50 },
{ 750, 550 },, .F. )
            oB              := XbpBrowse():new( oDlg:drawingArea )
            oXbp         := XbpPushButton():New( oDlg:drawingArea )
                  oXbp:activate := { | m1 , m2, o | MySearch( m1, m2, o ) }
            oXbp         := XbpPushButton():New( oDlg:drawingArea )

Procedure MySearch( m1, m2, o )
   oDla                   := obj:SetParent()     drawingarea
   oDlg                   := XbpDialog():New( oDla, obj, { 100, 100 }, {
500, 80 } )
   oSle                   := XbpSle():New( oDlg:drawingArea )
   Return

p1.png
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: events and definition of parents in objects
on Fri, 12 Oct 2018 11:34:06 -0300
Hi to all
I resolve with this code

   For i := 1 To Len( oDla:ChildList() )
      oDla:ChildList()[i]:disable()
   Next i

thanks to all

Regards

"Jorge L. Borlando" <jlborlando@yahoo.com.ar> wrote in message
> Hi to all
> Could you help me solve this problem?
>
> As I have set the code, the loop-event processes all the events and I end
> up
> having undesired results as I show in the image
>
> to avoid the xbpDialog () executed in MySearch () and only the XbpSle ()
> events are executed:
> - Should I start a new loop-event in MySearch() and filter the events that
> interest me?
> - how should I define the father in the XbpDialog () in MySearch () to
> avoid
> what I show in the image?
>
> Best reagrds
>
>            oDlg           := XbpDialog():new( AppDesktop(),, { 50, 50 },
> { 750, 550 },, .F. )
>            oB              := XbpBrowse():new( oDlg:drawingArea )
>            oXbp         := XbpPushButton():New( oDlg:drawingArea )
>                  oXbp:activate := { | m1 , m2, o | MySearch( m1, m2, o ) }
>            oXbp         := XbpPushButton():New( oDlg:drawingArea )
>
> Procedure MySearch( m1, m2, o )
>   oDla                   := obj:SetParent()     drawingarea
>   oDlg                   := XbpDialog():New( oDla, obj, { 100, 100 }, {
> 500, 80 } )
>   oSle                   := XbpSle():New( oDlg:drawingArea )
>   Return

James LoughnerRe: events and definition of parents in objects
on Fri, 19 Oct 2018 17:23:07 -0400
On 10/12/18 8:08 AM, Jorge L. Borlando wrote:
> MySearch( m1, m2, o )
should be MySearch( m1, m2, obj ) where obj is the odlg

Note also I see no create() methods here I assume you have some
someplace?????
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: events and definition of parents in objects
on Sat, 20 Oct 2018 18:10:50 -0300
Hi James
yes! the corresponding :Create() are made

I think I understood that I was wrongly establishing the father and the
owner

this is my code original
Procedure MySearch( m1, m2, oXbpPushButton )
   oDla                   := obj:SetParent()     drawingarea of
xbppushbutton
   oDlg                   := XbpDialog():New( oDla, oXbpPushButton, ......

this is my new code
Procedure MySearch( m1, m2, oXbpPushButton )
   oDla                   := obj:SetParent()     drawingarea of
xbppushbutton
   oDlg                   := oDla:SetParent()   xbpdialog
   oDlg                   := XbpDialog():New( oDla, oDlg

With this change, what has been shown in the image of the initial
consultation has ceased to happen.

Thank you very much for your input
Best Regards