Alaska Software Inc. - Mozilla Thunderbird as a news group reader
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Mozilla Thunderbird as a news group reader
Scott KriseMozilla Thunderbird as a news group reader
on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:40:25 -0500
Hello everyone,

I have what appears to be a random error when reading trying to respond to
this newsgroup when using Thunderbird as my newsgroup reader. On some (not
all) threads, the send button is grayed out and deactivated. I can create
new threads with no problem, but at some point, I am no longer able to
respond to that same group. Has anyone ever seen that?

Thanks,

Scott
Scott KriseRe: Mozilla Thunderbird as a news group reader
on Mon, 18 Nov 2019 11:03:50 -0500
On 11/18/2019 10:40 AM, Scott Krise wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have what appears to be a random error when reading trying to respond
> to this newsgroup when using Thunderbird as my newsgroup reader. On some
> (not all) threads, the send button is grayed out and deactivated. I can
> create new threads with no problem, but at some point, I am no longer
> able to respond to that same group. Has anyone ever seen that?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Scott

Nevermind. I think I found the answer. There is only a REPLY button
option on the screen when reading a message, and if you hit reply, the
SEND button is greyed out. If, on the other hand, you select the FORWARD
button, there is a REPLY ALL option...and the send button is available
to use in that case.

I know in other readers, you'd need to REPLY TO GROUP, but that isn't an
option in Thunderbird. Guess the REPLY ALL under the FORWARD menu is the
way to reply in case anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks.