Alaska Software Inc. - Error 5381
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Error 5381
Jan GroenesteinError 5381
on Thu, 13 Aug 2020 18:18:07 +0200
Gentlemen,

I recently switched to Xbase 2.0, and I'm mainly using an ADS database.
In one of my projects I now get an error when I try to connect to the
ADS database.
The error code is 5381, I have no idea what to do about this.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Kind regards,
Jan Groenestein
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Error 5381
on Thu, 13 Aug 2020 17:33:28 -0400
Jan,

>The error code is 5381, I have no idea what to do about this.

>Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Have a look at the thread dated May 14, 2018, with the subject line:

URGENT: ADS Error 5381 after installation of Windows 10 version 1803

in the bugreport news group. The solution was to add the port number to
the IP address (or UNC server name) in the connection string, because of
SMB-1 restrictions in Windows 10.

Maybe that will help.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[L]:   https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/AndreasGehrsPahl
[F]:   https://www.FaceBook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: Error 5381
on Thu, 13 Aug 2020 17:42:25 -0400
Jan,

>>The error code is 5381, I have no idea what to do about this.

BTW, the error code 5381 isn't an ADS error code, but an Xbase++ Sub-System
Error code, which is now -- according to the (open) PDR 109-6959 -- (always)
shown instead of the actual ADS error code, like Error 6420.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[L]:   https://www.LinkedIn.com/in/AndreasGehrsPahl
[F]:   https://www.FaceBook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Jan GroenesteinRe: Error 5381
on Fri, 14 Aug 2020 09:14:31 +0200
Hi Andreas,

Excellent, thank you.
The use of Ip address works. Actually, I had already tried this, but
made a mistake there. It should be written as
SERVER=\\192.168.2.206:6262\..."
while I wrote
SERVER=192.168.2.206:6262\..."

The example code in the thread that you mentioned made me realise my
mistake.

Thanks again,
Jan Groenestein