Alaska Software Inc. - Method :sendText and message mask
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Method :sendText and message mask
Igor GolbrodskiyMethod :sendText and message mask
on Tue, 23 May 2017 12:30:52 +0300
Hi Alaska-team.
I have troubles with WinSocketClient:sendText().
It works fine if a client and a server is written in  Xbase++.
But when my client program communicates with another websocket service,
which was written in Java and deployed from TomCat, it doesn’t work.
I found out that the main cause is that the method sendText never applies
mask for the sending message.
But, according RFC 6455 a client MUST mask all frames that it sends to the
server.
Is it a mistake or a feature?

Many thanks in advance.

----------------

Best regards,

Igor Golobrodskiy

WG SoftPro

E-mail: i.golobrodskiy@wgsoftpro.com

Igor GolbrodskiyRe: Method :sendText and message mask
on Tue, 23 May 2017 13:24:52 +0300
Sorry, I've done small mistake.
I mean WebSocketClient instead of  WinSocketClient. And one addition, the
server port isn't 443

----------------
Best regards,
Igor Golobrodskiy
WG SoftPro
E-mail: i.golobrodskiy@wgsoftpro.com
Boris BorzicRe: Method :sendText and message mask
on Tue, 23 May 2017 19:31:48 +0200
"Igor Golbrodskiy" <i.golobrodskiy@wgsoftpro.com> wrote in

> I have troubles with WinSocketClient:sendText().
> It works fine if a client and a server is written in  Xbase++.
> But when my client program communicates with another websocket
> service, which was written in Java and deployed from TomCat, it doesn
> Tt work. I found out that the main cause is that the method sendText
> never applies mask for the sending message.
> But, according RFC 6455 a client MUST mask all frames that it sends to
> the server.
> Is it a mistake or a feature?

You can easily test this using the free evaluation version of Xb2.NET
(http://xb2.net/xb2net/).

Download the Xb2.NET ZIP file, run GO.BAT to compile all samples, then run
the WSCLIENT.EXE sample from a command prompt with your WebSocket server
endpoint as a param, eg:

WSCLIENT wss://xb2.net/echo

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Frank GrossheinrichRe: Method :sendText and message mask
on Fri, 09 Jun 2017 16:52:44 +0200
I do not know, but I will check back with the guys.
Give me a few days and I will report.

Regards, Frank