Alaska Software Inc. - Error while closing a file
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Error while closing a file
Chris Palmer Error while closing a file
on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:16:32 +0000
Hello

A client of ours has switched to a virtual server, since then they've
had plenty of errors created randomly, at different parts of the system

Most of these errors are when either opening, closing or selecting a
file ( DBF ).  It's almost like the files are being opened, but the
network connection is then lost - or closes whilst idle

Has anyone had any experience of this ?  Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Chris

oError:args         :
oError:canDefault   : Y
oError:canRetry     : N
oError:canSubstitute: N
oError:cargo        : NIL
oError:description  : Error while closing a file
oError:filename     :
oError:genCode      :         72
oError:operation    : DbCloseAll
oError:osCode       :          0
oError:severity     :          2
oError:subCode      :       8999
oError:subSystem    : BASE
oError:thread       :          1
oError:tries        :          0
CALLSTACK:
Called from MYMENUPROCEDURE(3000)
Called from (B)MAIN(1348)
Called from MAIN(2089)
James LoughnerRe: Error while closing a file
on Tue, 29 Jan 2019 18:26:37 -0500
Yes probably a Network hicup

Best suggestion is to do a through network analysis if possible. With an
eye to dropped packets

If the server is in a VM might look on how the VM network is configured
and what kind of VM is being used.

Jim

On 1/25/19 6:16 AM, Chris Palmer wrote:
> Hello
>
> A client of ours has switched to a virtual server, since then they've
> had plenty of errors created randomly, at different parts of the system
>
> Most of these errors are when either opening, closing or selecting a
> file ( DBF ).  It's almost like the files are being opened, but the
> network connection is then lost - or closes whilst idle
>
> Has anyone had any experience of this ?  Any suggestions ?
> Thanks
> Chris
>

> oError:args         :
> oError:canDefault   : Y
> oError:canRetry     : N
> oError:canSubstitute: N
> oError:cargo        : NIL
> oError:description  : Error while closing a file
> oError:filename     :
> oError:genCode      :         72
> oError:operation    : DbCloseAll
> oError:osCode       :          0
> oError:severity     :          2
> oError:subCode      :       8999
> oError:subSystem    : BASE
> oError:thread       :          1
> oError:tries        :          0
>
> CALLSTACK:
>
> Called from MYMENUPROCEDURE(3000)
> Called from (B)MAIN(1348)
> Called from MAIN(2089)

Carlos A Beling Re: Error while closing a file
on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 11:56:37 -0200
Hello.
Good morning.

I am not having this error after I made a
DbCommit() before to close the database.
I do something like this:

    nCount := 0
    save and set the current errorblock
    do while nCount < 20