Alaska Software Inc. - help files (.chm) v.2.0 of Alaska's xbase++
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: help files (.chm) v.2.0 of Alaska's xbase++
Nevzat Kanburhelp files (.chm) v.2.0 of Alaska's xbase++
on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:41:49 +0300
I am currently have 1.90.335. For now I don't want to upgrade to v 2.0.
But I want to see v.2.0 's new features. So that How Can I get v.2.0's
help files (.chm) files of xbase++?

any help please

regards
Nevzat
Boris BorzicRe: help files (.chm) v.2.0 of Alaska's xbase++
on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 20:19:22 +0200
Nevzat Kanbur wrote in news:4eb7f793$83138c4$71769@news.alaska-
software.com:

> I am currently have 1.90.335. For now I don't want to upgrade to v 2.0.
> But I want to see v.2.0 's new features. So that How Can I get v.2.0's
> help files (.chm) files of xbase++?

You may try to download the trial:
http://www.alaska-software.com/welcome/trial.cxp

However be aware that the Xbase++ 2.0 documentation is incomplete and many
of the new features are undocumented so the help file may not be very
usefull to you.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Frank GrossheinrichRe: help files (.chm) v.2.0 of Alaska's xbase++
on Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:01:37 +0200
Hey Nevzat,

here is a cur&paste from the current documentation:

New features (Xbase++)
New: Multi-Touch support

Get touch support for your existing Xbase++ application without any code
changes. For example, using touch gestures for panning through your data
now is a standard feature of XbpBrowse and XbpQuickBrowse objects.
Moreover, full-featured multi-touch applications with support for pan,
rotate, zoom or tap gestures can be created using the new events
supported by all existing Xbase Parts.

New: Layout Management

With just a few lines of code, existing forms/dialogs can become
resizable. Thanks to the new LayoutManager class supported by all Xbase
Parts. Automated resizing of even large and complex dialogs based on a
set of anchor rules has just become very easy. Try it out: this feature
is becoming ever more important with all the different form factors and
screen sizes out there.

New: Project Management

Project management tools such as pbuild and the Xbase++ Workbench now
have better support for large and complex team projects. Pbuild has been
streamlined and optimized to support multi-directory and multi-target
scenarios. In addition, the Xbase++ Workbench now stores all
user-specific project information such as breakpoints, watchpoints or
open files in a per-user project file. This significantly eases
collaboration in a project team.

New: Xbase++ Workbench Debugger

The Xbase++ Workbench debugger is more than 10 times faster compared to
the old but still supported console debugger. We put a lot of effort
into providing great performance for debugging larger Xbase++
applications. Various features have been added. The debugger can now
attach to an existing Xbase++ process, which makes analysis of running
applications a snap. You can even detach from a process being debugged,
and let it continue outside the control of the debugger. A great feature
if it comes to debugging services. Finally, <CXP/>-based dynamic web
pages and web applications can now be debugged like any other Windows
application.

New: PostgreSQL ISAM support

Using the dbfupsize tool you can move your existing dbf/ntx/cdx-based
application data to the PostgreSQL server. Modernize your existing
dbf/ntx/cdx-based application just by adding a few lines of code by
making use of the PostgreSQL client/server system via the PostgreSQL
DatabaseEngine. This can dramatically increase performance and
reliability of your applications with almost no code changes. Full
support for all ISAM commands and functions is provided.

New: Full Postgres SQL support

With Universal SQL, you can transparently access the PostgreSQL server.
Where PostgreSQL proprietary features are required, Pass-Through SQL can
be used to send any type of SQL command to the server.

New: Full Advantage Database SQL support

With Universal SQL, you can transparently access the Advantage Database
Server. Where Advantage properitary features are required, Pass-Through
SQL can be used to send any type of SQL command to the server.

New: DataObjects

The Xbase++ OOP model was extended to support the concept of object
prototyping. It is now possible to dynamically add member variables to
objects of the class DataObject or classes derived from it. We put a lot
of effort into the fact that there are no performance penalities when
using this feature. Dynamic members are as fast as native members!
DataObjects are the new universal container in Xbase++ 2.0 for
transporting all of your domain-specific data between the different
layers of your application.

New: WebSocketHandler, WebHandler and HttpEndpoint

Create a websocket server with just a few lines of code and push
real-time data to the web or your mobile device. Create mobile
applications for your POS or Warehouse solutions, and connect them to
your local workstation via the wireless lan. Connect your Xbase++
applications over the internet and exchange data in real-time like in a
peer-to-peer network.

New: WebUI for Windows application

Create views with HTML and CSS using the CXP View-Engine for your
Windows application. The same technology, CXP, can be used to create
views for your web or connected mobile application or your win32 rich
client applications. Leverage a single area of knowledge HTML+CSS to
create an appealing UI for web and desktop applications.

New: Long field names for DBF tables with FOXDBE

The FOXDBE DatabaseEngine now detects an existing DBC and loads the
table-specific meta information from the Visual FoxPro database
containers. Long field names are therefore supported.

New: New data model for the Xbase++ 2.0 sample collection

Although a number of samples are still missing, we decided to include a
more complex and more consistent data model for all the samples which
are new in Xbase++ 2.0. The new data model is derived from Northwind and
is provided as free dbf/cdx tables, Visual FoxPro database container
with dbf/cdx tables and indexes, Advantage Database Dictionary with
dbf/cdx tables and indexes, PostgreSQL database scripts and SQLite
databases.

New: New database/table commands and various extensions

The Visual FoxPro featureset has been carefully reviewed and where it
made sense in terms of increased productivity or better command
handling, the VFP features were added to the existing Xbase++ commands.
Of course, new commands have been added, too!

New: Xbase++ Workbench is now included

The Xbase++ Workbench, formerly known as Visual Xbase++ 2.0 IDE, is a
solid environment for source code editing, debugging and project
management. In addition to many fixes, new features have been added such
as CXP-support, XML documentation, Intellihelp and code folding. Support
for SQL statements and HTML files is also provided.

New: XbToolsIII functions register automatically

When the XbToolsIII libraries are loaded then their functions are
automatically registered and thus can be called dynamically
out-of-the-box. Thereforem the header files _xbtnetw.ch, _xbtnetb.ch and
_xbtbase.ch became obsolete and are no longer part of the product.

Regards, Frank