Alaska Software Inc. - Records not showing when table opened exclusive
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Records not showing when table opened exclusive
Scott KriseRecords not showing when table opened exclusive
on Mon, 11 Feb 2019 15:56:32 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have a strange one here.

I have a table where when I open it in shared mode everything is fine. If I
open it exclusively, the last two records disappear.

My problem with this is that I have a reindexing procedure in my app that
packs and reindexes all the tables, and when this is run, those two records
are permanently removed.

I had a problem similar to this several years ago, and at that time I found
that we needed to install a program called "ALASKA SOFTWARE SMB2 WORKSTATION
CACHE CONFIGURATION" on each workstation and that would correct that issue.
Well, in this case, we are running it on all the computers yet the problem
is still occurring.

I have an example of the table and can reproduce the problem at will.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to correct this? Im running
1.90.355 and am ready to install 2.0 soon. Is this a known bug that was
corrected in the new version?

Thanks,

Scott
Jonathan LeemingRe: Records not showing when table opened exclusive
on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 08:18:44 -0700
On 2/11/2019 1:56 PM, Scott Krise wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have a strange one here.
>
> I have a table where when I open it in shared mode everything is fine.
> If I open it exclusively, the last two records disappear.
>
> My problem with this is that I have a reindexing procedure in my app
> that packs and reindexes all the tables, and when this is run, those two
> records are permanently removed.
>
> I had a problem similar to this several years ago, and at that time I
> found that we needed to install a program called "ALASKA SOFTWARE SMB2
> WORKSTATION CACHE CONFIGURATION" on each workstation and that would
> correct that issue. Well, in this case, we are running it on all the
> computers yet the problem is still occurring.
>
> I have an example of the table and can reproduce the problem at will.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to correct this? Im running
> 1.90.355 and am ready to install 2.0 soon. Is this a known bug that was
> corrected in the new version?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Scott
Hi Scott,

I am not aware of this issue however would be curious to know if these
two records disappear when you do a FLOCK() on the file originally
opened in shared mode.  Although not a solution, it may be a work around.

With reference to your example table is it sharable with a small program
that replicates the issue?  I have moved "up" to 2.0 but could install
1.9 on a test machine and see if 1) I can replicate the problem and 2)
if it goes away when run with 2.0.

Send me an email if you wish.

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@the-family-centre.com