Alaska Software Inc. - Robust MemoEdit?
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Robust MemoEdit?
Al WimberlyRobust MemoEdit?
on Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:35:34 -0400
Anyone know of or have an expanded function memoedit that includes a spell
checker,  select text, cut, copy and paste text, copy and paste from the
clipboard, etc.?

I'm keeping my app in text mode for now, but is there a memoedit type
construct for hybrid use?

Ira Emus had a Clipper memoedit package called Mr. Edit, which was
excellent, but it is not available as 32-bit.

Any direction, suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated.

Al
Thomas Braun
Re: Robust MemoEdit?
on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:49:33 +0200
Al Wimberly wrote:

> Ira Emus had a Clipper memoedit package called Mr. Edit, which was
> excellent

Ah the good old days - a very nice piece of software indeed!

> but it is not available as 32-bit.

That's a shame - when porting a Clipper application some years ago I
contacted the makers of Mr.Edit but unfortunately they didn't have any
interest in creating a 32bit version...

> Any direction, suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated.

Seems like you will have either implement somithing yourself or go with
some 3rd party (ActiveX) component, which can also be a pain to implement.

thomas
Bruce Carroll Re: Robust MemoEdit?
on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:23:34 +0100
Al,

Another fellow Mr Edit user - I would be interested if you find a
replacement!  I have looked into it and not found this feature yet...

Best regards,

Bruce

On 12/04/2010 09:49, Thomas Braun wrote:
> Al Wimberly wrote:
>
>> Ira Emus had a Clipper memoedit package called Mr. Edit, which was
>> excellent
>
> Ah the good old days - a very nice piece of software indeed!
>
>> but it is not available as 32-bit.
>
> That's a shame - when porting a Clipper application some years ago I
> contacted the makers of Mr.Edit but unfortunately they didn't have any
> interest in creating a 32bit version...
>
>> Any direction, suggestions and/or advice will be appreciated.
>
> Seems like you will have either implement somithing yourself or go with
> some 3rd party (ActiveX) component, which can also be a pain to implement.
>
> thomas
Al WimberlyRe: Robust MemoEdit?
on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:24:42 -0400
Emus just responded to my email to http://www.extrasensory.com  saying that
he just got a 64-bit machine and might "think about" redoing Mr. Edit and
Telepathy. Go to his site and nag him!

Ira is one of the good guys and he might do it just for the fun of it. It's
likely not too much more than a 32-bit recompile.
Thomas Braun
Re: Robust MemoEdit?
on Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:14:44 +0200
Al Wimberly wrote:

> Emus just responded to my email to http://www.extrasensory.com  saying that
> he just got a 64-bit machine and might "think about" redoing Mr. Edit and
> Telepathy.

Nice news. Not that I'm in need of Mr.Edit anymore...

> Ira is one of the good guys and he might do it just for the fun of it. It's
> likely not too much more than a 32-bit recompile.

Most likely not - as all of the low-level APIs used by Mr.Edit where
Clipper-specific.

Thomas
Bruce Carroll Re: Robust MemoEdit?
on Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:42:31 +0100
All,

Just had an eamil from Ira - he is not likely to do a new Mr Edit unless
there is a lot of demand.....

Best regards,

Bruce

>> Ira is one of the good guys and he might do it just for the fun of it. It's
>> likely not too much more than a 32-bit recompile.
>
> Most likely not - as all of the low-level APIs used by Mr.Edit where
> Clipper-specific.
>
> Thomas
AUGE_OHRRe: Robust MemoEdit?
on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:52:09 +0200
hi,

> Anyone know of or have an expanded function memoedit ...
>
> I'm keeping my app in text mode for now, but is there a memoedit type
> construct for hybrid use?

MemoEdit() is still avaiable in Xbase++
you can also use XbpMLE to show/edit a Memofield Type "C"

XbpMLE can also "show" RTF when using :format := 3

to "edit" RTF use activeX RICHTX32.OCX
or RunShell( '"C:\Meine Docs\hello.RFT"',
"C:\Programme\Windows\Zubehr\Wordpad.exe" )

if you like activeX look for TXcontrol.OCX. it is not cheap but include what
you want.

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
Thomas Braun
Re: Robust MemoEdit?
on Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:12:50 +0200
AUGE_OHR wrote:

> MemoEdit() is still avaiable in Xbase++
> you can also use XbpMLE to show/edit a Memofield Type "C"

This is faaaaaaaar away from what Mr.Edit was capable of doing

Thomas