Alaska Software Inc. - UUID LIB
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: UUID LIB
César Calvo UUID LIB
on Wed, 20 Feb 2019 14:51:10 +0100
Does anybody knows how dowload uuid lib?
Thanks.
Edgar Borger Re: UUID LIB
on Wed, 20 Feb 2019 12:19:58 -0300
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libuuid/

or

https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_63_0/libs/uuid/uuid.html

Em 20/02/2019 10:51, César Calvo escreveu:
> Does anybody knows how dowload uuid lib?
> Thanks.

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Matej JuracRe: UUID LIB
on Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:36:08 +0100
César Calvo <ccalvoc@telefonica.net> wrote in message
>Does anybody knows how dowload uuid lib?
>Thanks.

Just to generate UUID and convert between types of representation there are
already UUID functions in xbase itself, no need for external lib.
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: UUID LIB
on Thu, 21 Feb 2019 12:49:25 -0500
Matej,

>Just to generate UUID and convert between types of representation there are
>already UUID functions in xbase itself, no need for external lib.

Only if you want to create Version 4 ((pseudo)-random), Variant 1, UUIDs.

If you for any reason need (or want) to create Version 1 or 2 (date-time and
MAC address-based) or Version 3 and 5 (namespace Hash-based) UUIDs or even a
Variant 0 or Variant 2 UUIDs, then you would have to use something like
libuuid or implement your own RFC 4122-compatible code.

See: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4122

If you have PostgreSQL installed, you can use its uuid-ossp module to create
UUIDs of Version 1, 3, 4, and 5, though.

See: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/uuid-ossp.html

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Matej JuracRe: UUID LIB
on Fri, 22 Feb 2019 08:14:51 +0100
Thnx Andreas.

Well those facts were clearly omitted from xbase hlp file.

Well I think I'll take a more closer look at code where sql server is not
used, but fortunately that is single app only.

Thnx for info and imho: alaska documentation should clearly state that fact.

GG