Alaska Software Inc. - SOAP client for confirms the VAT number in Europe
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SOAP client for confirms the VAT number in Europe
Mario GarritanoSOAP client for confirms the VAT number in Europe
on Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:42:25 +0100
Hello everyone,
I am trying to use a SOAP service that confirms the VAT number in Europe. It
exists in http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/checkVatService.wsdl .
Now, if I use it as the SOAP examples I get a string "soap:Client" with no
other content.
What is the error?
Thank you all

TEST-MIO.PRG
Boris BorzicRe: SOAP client for confirms the VAT number in Europe
on Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:43:07 +0100
Mario Garritano wrote in

> I am trying to use a SOAP service that confirms the VAT number in
> Europe. It exists in
> http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/checkVatService.wsdl . Now,
> if I use it as the SOAP examples I get a string "soap:Client" with no
> other content.

Here is a working example that uses the Xb2.NET library:

oSoap := xbSOAPEnvelope():new()
oSoap:SetStyle( SOAP_STYLE_DOCUMENT )
oSoap:NameSpace := "urn:ec.europa.eu:taxud:vies:services:checkVat:types"
oSoap:SetVar("countryCode", upper(trim(cCode)))
oSoap:SetVar("vatNumber"  , upper(trim(cVat)))

oResult := oSoap:Execute(
"http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/services/checkVatService",
"checkVat")

? oResult:getVar()

More info on Xb2.NET here: http://xb2.net/xb2net/

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Damir HodakRe: SOAP client for confirms the VAT number in Europe
on Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:09:47 +0100
On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:42:25 +0100, Mario Garritano wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to use a SOAP service that confirms the VAT number in Europe. It
> exists in http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/checkVatService.wsdl .
> Now, if I use it as the SOAP examples I get a string "soap:Client" with no
> other content.
> What is the error?
> Thank you all

Hi Mario!
I use following code and it works for me.

#pragma library( "ascom10.lib" )

#define VIES_URL            'http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/services/checkVatService'
#define VIES_SOAP_NAMESPACE 'urn:ec.europa.eu:taxud:vies:services:checkVat:types'

#define CRLF    Chr(13) + Chr(10)

oXmlHttp := CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP")
oXmlHttp:Open( "POST", VIES_URL, .F. )
oXmlHttp:SetRequestHeader( "SOAPAction", VIES_URL )
oXmlHttp:Send("<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' xmlns:urn='" + VIES_SOAP_NAMESPACE + "'>" + CRLF + ;
                 "<soapenv:Header/>" + CRLF + ;
                 "<soapenv:Body>" + CRLF + ;
                 "   <urn:checkVat>" + CRLF + ;
                 "      <urn:countryCode>" + cVIESCountryCode + "</urn:countryCode>" + CRLF + ;
                 "      <urn:vatNumber>" + cVIESVATNumber + "</urn:vatNumber>" + CRLF + ;
                 "   </urn:checkVat>" + CRLF + ;
                 "</soapenv:Body>" + CRLF + ;
                 "</soapenv:Envelope>" + CRLF)

result is in oXmlHttp:responsexml:xml