Alaska Software Inc. - InternetCrackDll Dll Call
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: InternetCrackDll Dll Call
Vladimir IahnencoInternetCrackDll Dll Call
on Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:45:41 -0400
Hi All,
Would want to use this function from wininet.dll. Is it possible to pass
URL_COMPONENTS structure pointer to a dll call without any external dll? I
can consider to use only bap.dll.

Thanks,
Vladimir
==
BOOL WINAPI InternetCrackUrl(
  LPCTSTR lpszUrl,
  DWORD dwUrlLength,
  DWORD dwFlags,
  LPURL_COMPONENTS lpUrlComponents
);
lpUrlComponents
[in, out] Long pointer to a URL_COMPONENTS structure that receives the URL
components.
==
Vladimir IahnencoRe: InternetCrackDll Dll Call
on Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:47:05 -0400
Sorry I mean InternetCrackUrl in the subject line
Regards,
Vladimir

"Vladimir Iahnenco" <iahnenco@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Would want to use this function from wininet.dll. Is it possible to pass
> URL_COMPONENTS structure pointer to a dll call without any external dll? I
> can consider to use only bap.dll.
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir
> ==
> BOOL WINAPI InternetCrackUrl(
>  LPCTSTR lpszUrl,
>  DWORD dwUrlLength,
>  DWORD dwFlags,
>  LPURL_COMPONENTS lpUrlComponents
> );
> lpUrlComponents
> [in, out] Long pointer to a URL_COMPONENTS structure that receives the URL
> components.
> ==

Guenter Beyes Re: InternetCrackDll Dll Call
on Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:52:50 +0200
Hi Vladimir,

> Would want to use InternetCrackUrl from wininet.dll. Is it possible to pass
> URL_COMPONENTS structure pointer to a dll call without any external dll?
> I can consider to use only bap.dll.

Yes, it is -- if using kernel32.dll is acceptable. Check out the
following functions:

LocalAlloc
 Allocates the specified number of bytes from the heap.

LocalFree
 Frees the specified local memory object.

lstrlenA
 returns the length in bytes of the specified string.

RtlMoveMemory
 Moves a block of memory from one location to another.
 (Even to an Xbase++ string variable, actually.)

---

Regards,

Günter
Hannes ZieglerRe: InternetCrackDll Dll Call
on Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:14:31 +0200
Gnter,

LocalAlloc, LocalFree, lstrlenA and RtlMoveMemory can do quite some job in
handling structures. However, that doesn't fit into the Xbase language very
well .

I wonder why people don't want to spend money on ready-to-run solutions and
try to re-invent the wheel over and over again.

Wondering,
--
Hannes

> > Would want to use InternetCrackUrl from wininet.dll. Is it possible to
pass
> > URL_COMPONENTS structure pointer to a dll call without any external dll?
> > I can consider to use only bap.dll.
>
> Yes, it is -- if using kernel32.dll is acceptable. Check out the
> following functions:
>
> LocalAlloc
>  Allocates the specified number of bytes from the heap.
>
> LocalFree
>  Frees the specified local memory object.
>
> lstrlenA
>  returns the length in bytes of the specified string.
>
> RtlMoveMemory
>  Moves a block of memory from one location to another.
>  (Even to an Xbase++ string variable, actually.)
>
> ---
>
> Regards,
>
> Gnter
Günter Beyes Re: InternetCrackDll Dll Call
on Sat, 10 Jun 2006 15:32:40 +0200
Hannes,

the OP, Vladimir Iahnenco, specifically asked for a solution
"without any external dll. ... can consider to use only bap.dll."

A hint as to which type of spark plug matches your car's engine should not
be considered inappropriate or off-limits, even by repair-shop owners
(IMHO).

Yes indeed, it doesn't fit into the Xbase language very well. Yet I'm sure
you will agree that performance-wise, it's as efficient as it gets, barring
direct structure support by the Xbase++ compiler and run-time kernel.
Something that even Visual Basic and Power Basic have; it's a pity that
Xbase++ doesn't.

Regards,
Günter

---

Am Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:14:31 +0200 schrieb Hannes Ziegler:

> Günter,
>

> LocalAlloc, LocalFree, lstrlenA and RtlMoveMemory can do quite some job in
> handling structures. However, that doesn't fit into the Xbase language very
> well .
>
> I wonder why people don't want to spend money on ready-to-run solutions and
> try to re-invent the wheel over and over again.
>
> Wondering,
Pablo BotellaRe: InternetCrackDll Dll Call
on Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:11:59 +0200
Hi,
  See a running sample in the new release ( 1.2.119) of ot4xb

http://www.xbwin.com/download/ot4xb/Samples/InternetCrackUrl/

>... without any external dll?

I think you can consider ot4xb also as is totally free and all the source
code is provided. Even if you are considering to build a 3pp package you can
include ot4xb.dll without any trouble.

> I can consider to use only bap.dll.
I've play a bit with BAP ( also I was build a BAP clone ) but I think is so
complex and also so limited. With ot4xb.dll and it's companion the
XppCbk.exe free callback compiler you can manipulate any kind of structures
and  access the APIs in a very simple way.

Regards,
Pablo Botella

Get The Open Tools for Xbase++
here: http://www.xbwin.com