Alaska Software Inc. - Looking for recommendations as to how to keep your software from getting stolen
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Looking for recommendations as to how to keep your software from getting stolen
Richard PulliamLooking for recommendations as to how to keep your software from getting stolen
on Tue, 17 Mar 2020 17:11:28 -0500
Hi,

I just wrote a system for a customer that is going to sell it.

I am looking for a way to protect the software from piracy and illegal
distribution.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Richard A. Pulliam <mailto:clippersolutions@hotmail.com>
138 Colina Circle
Panama City Beach, FL 32413-2203
Cell phone: 850-775-6524
Fax: 850-588-9935
http://www.ClipperSolutions.com

--
Edgar Borger Re: Looking for recommendations as to how to keep your software from getting stolen
on Wed, 18 Mar 2020 10:26:57 -0300

easy but not 100% effective is a random serial number tied to customer name/email or some private data....

Regards,
Edgar

Em 17/03/2020 19:11, Richard Pulliam escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I just wrote a system for a customer that is going to sell it.
>
> I am looking for a way to protect the software from piracy and illegal distribution.
>
> Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edgar Borger
Softsupply Informatica Ltda.
Rua Alagoas, 48
Sao Paulo, SP
01242-000
Tel   : (5511) 3159-1997
Email : softsupply@terra.com.br
Carlos A Beling Re: Looking for recommendations as to how to keep your software from getting stolen
on Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:33:22 -0300
Hello Richard.
Good day.
I have a file in each folder where my app is installed and this file
contais HD Serial Number, the ID of the client that bought the app and
the ID of the user of the instalation.
Also I nave in a server another file withthe same data, for each
installation.
When the app starts I download the Control File and check if the data of
the installation is ok.
Both files are encripted.

Fraternally
Beling