Alaska Software Inc. - PM does not save active target
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: PM does not save active target
Joe Carrick - the ManiaccPM does not save active target
on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:05:00 -0800
I have a Project file with several dll's and one exe.  The exe is not the
first item in the list and consequently is not the default target.  I can
manually edit the project file to correct this, but if I rebuild the
dependencies, the exe becomes the last item again.

When I use "change active target" and subsequently close the project, it
reverts back to the first item in the list as the active target when the
project is reopened.  IMO, the exe should be the default - not a dll.  But
in any event, the currently active target should be saved when the project
is closed and restored when the project is reopened.

-Joe

BTW, do we have the next release yet?
Andreas Herdt Re: PM does not save active target
on Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:49:54 +0100
Hi Joe,

The problem you are reporting is a known issue.

The solution will be that vx remembers the last activated target when
closing the project.

We will not make the exe the default active target. There might be
projects where there are more than one exe targets and other project
where the exe is the most unimportant part.

Remembering the last active target in conjunction with the ability to
assign a hostapplication for a target (allready implemented with last
release) should be sufficient for all situation.

Currently we are working on next release, you will be informed accordingly.

Regards
   Andreas Herdt
   [Alaska Research & Development]
Joe Carrick - the Maniacc wrote:

> I have a Project file with several dll's and one exe.  The exe is not the
> first item in the list and consequently is not the default target.  I can
> manually edit the project file to correct this, but if I rebuild the
> dependencies, the exe becomes the last item again.
>
> When I use "change active target" and subsequently close the project, it
> reverts back to the first item in the list as the active target when the
> project is reopened.  IMO, the exe should be the default - not a dll.  But
> in any event, the currently active target should be saved when the project
> is closed and restored when the project is reopened.
>
> -Joe
>
> BTW, do we have the next release yet?

Joe Carrick - The ManiaccRe: PM does not save active target
on Thu, 18 Mar 2004 06:43:24 -0800
Hi Andreas,

I understand your solution and the reasons.  It will be quite sufficient -
Thanks.

-Joe