Alaska Software Inc. - Remote Desktop Problems on Windows 2019 Server
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Remote Desktop Problems on Windows 2019 Server
Scott KriseRemote Desktop Problems on Windows 2019 Server
on Wed, 23 Oct 2019 10:09:32 -0400
Hello All,

I created a thread on a similar topic a month or so ago, but for
whatever reason (using Mozilla Thunderbird as my newsgroup reader), the
send button is grayed out and I cannot reply to the group any
longer...so I created this new thread.

Anyway, I only have my xbase apps on one 2019 server at the moment, and
I am having problems where the default printer in my xbase app does not
pull in the correct printer in some cases. (Im using topdown for my
printing).

Is anyone using 2019 server with this configuration successfully? I have
a second customer who's about ready to switch to 2019, and I want some
assurances that others are using is without issue before I tell them to
proceed.

Thanks,

Scott
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: Remote Desktop Problems on Windows 2019 Server
on Fri, 08 Nov 2019 00:12:30 -0800
It seems Alaska did not follow the changes Microsoft introduced in
Server-2016 and Server-2019.

In Win-10 the default printer is found in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows[Device]

In Terminal-Server-2016 the default Printer should be in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Terminal Server
Client\DefaultPrinter[DefaultPrinterStore]
But a bug in Server-2016 fails to update that entry (Microsoft refuses
to fix this bug).  In the meanwhile, you can find the default printer
in:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\SessionDefaultDevices[Session][Device]

Terminal-Server-2019 has the same problem as 2016, but unlike 2016,
accessing the default printer via DotNet yields the correct
local-default-printer.

-Itai
Daniel FausRe: Remote Desktop Problems on Windows 2019 Server
on Mon, 27 Apr 2020 19:13:39 +0200
El 23/10/2019 a las 16:09, Scott Krise escribió:
> Hello All,
>
> I created a thread on a similar topic a month or so ago, but for
> whatever reason (using Mozilla Thunderbird as my newsgroup reader), the
> send button is grayed out and I cannot reply to the group any
> longer...so I created this new thread.
>
> Anyway, I only have my xbase apps on one 2019 server at the moment, and
> I am having problems where the default printer in my xbase app does not
> pull in the correct printer in some cases. (Im using topdown for my
> printing).
>
> Is anyone using 2019 server with this configuration successfully? I have
> a second customer who's about ready to switch to 2019, and I want some
> assurances that others are using is without issue before I tell them to
> proceed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Hi Scott..

I'm using Windows 2016 and 2019 server with Terminal Server with my EXE
Alaska Xbase with Express, but I'm usin a trird party program for print
my reports, tickets, etc... RPV, It works fine.
http://www.rpvsoftware.com/rpv_business.php

Each user in TS login can stablish its own printer, you can prin with
default printer or retrieve the list system printers and choose one to
print.

When you login the user to the system, the printer change the name,
Printer_sesion01, Printer_sesion22, etc...

I'm using a funtion to select the printer usin the begining of the
printer name string, like this:

FUNCTION PrinterName(cCadena , lCadBusca)
LOCAL n :=  1 , nA := 0 , nc := "" , aList := XbpPrinter():New():List()

Default cCadena TO "", lCadBusca TO .F.

If lCadBusca

    For nA := 1 TO Len(aList)

       If UPPER(AllTrim(cCadena)) $ UPPER(aList[nA])
          n := nA
          EXIT
       EndIf
    Next