Alaska Software Inc. - Removing exited forms from the windows taskmanger.
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Removing exited forms from the windows taskmanger.
M.B. BaijuRemoving exited forms from the windows taskmanger.
on Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:53:24 +0100
Hello,

My application running mainly in RDP(remote desktop) platforms.

Sometimes when customer complaints the system is slow, then we figured out that the problem is due to at some point an error springs up in my programs, the form will be exited from the screen.

But when I check the windows taskbar the program thread will be running and I won't know it unless all the users exited from RDP. After exiting, a thread will be running and when I kill that particular thread then only all the RDP users will be able to run the program smoothly.

Presently the issue I am confronting is because of the program running in the background, all the RDP clients who are running the program will get slow and resolved if I kill the particular thread.

I need to know whether there are any tools to discover or kill that thread that is running in the background because every time I have to exit all the RDP users which are not feasible.

M.B.BAIJU
Jorge L. BorlandoRe: Removing exited forms from the windows taskmanger.
on Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:09:02 -0300
M.B. BaijuRe: Removing exited forms from the windows taskmanger.
on Thu, 26 Nov 2020 14:05:16 +0100
Hello Jorge L. Borlando,

Thank you for your reply. What I meant is that my main program exits, but the
fact is that even though the program is exited it will running in the
background as when I check in windows Task Manager.

"Jorge L. Borlando" <jlborlando@yahoo.com.ar> wrote in message
>Hi M.B.Baiju
>
>If I have not understood correctly, your application launches a sub-process
using Thread (),
>and your problem is when more than one user launches this process,
>if so ..., to avoid this you can create a file in exclusive mode and so on
each user waits his turn to execute this sub-process, in addition to adding
the Sleep () statement in the sub-process to improve the performance in the
background

noticias:41e2a96e$51ab35a9$16aa43@news.alaska-software.com...

>Hello,
>
>My application running mainly in RDP(remote desktop) platforms.
>
>Sometimes when customer complaints the system is slow, then we figured out
that the problem is due to at some point an error springs up in my programs,
the form will be exited from the screen.

>But when I check the windows taskbar the program thread will be running and
I won't know it unless all the users exited from RDP. After exiting, a thread
will be running and when I kill that particular thread then only all the RDP
users will be able to run the program smoothly.

>Presently the issue I am confronting is because of the program running in
the background, all the RDP clients who are running the program will get slow
and resolved if I kill the particular thread.

>I need to know whether there are any tools to discover or kill that thread
that is running in the background because every time I have to exit all the
RDP users which are not feasible.

>M.B.BAIJU
Itai Ben-ArtziRe: Removing exited forms from the windows taskmanger.
on Fri, 11 Dec 2020 00:00:10 -0800
M.B.,
The solution depends on the required environment.
What server is used?  2019?
Do you run the application as a RemoteApp?
Shall users remain connected/login when the application ends?
Can you setup timeout for the inner thread?