Alaska Software Inc. - Word: Copy and Paste
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Word: Copy and Paste
Domingo SerranoWord: Copy and Paste
on Mon, 19 Dec 2016 02:12:01 +0100
Hello,
I only need:
- "Document1.Doc" : Select and Copy.
- "Document2.Doc" : Paste (in the end of the document).

Thanks in advance,
Domingo Jareno.
Jim LeeRe: Copy and Paste
on Mon, 19 Dec 2016 02:39:39 +0100
> I only need:
> - "Document1.Doc" : Select and Copy.
> - "Document2.Doc" : Paste (in the end of the document).

start Word
start record Macro
load doc1 / Select and Copy.
load doc2 / Paste
stop record Macro

upload Macro and show us what your have recorded than we can help to
translate into Xbase++
Domingo SerranoRe: Copy and Paste
on Mon, 19 Dec 2016 03:10:23 +0100
Jim Lee wrote in message news:6d751ff2$e973940$1b19c5@news.alaska-software.com...
>> I only need:
>> - "Document1.Doc" : Select and Copy.
>> - "Document2.Doc" : Paste (in the end of the document).
>
>start Word
>start record Macro
>load doc1 / Select and Copy.
>load doc2 / Paste
>stop record Macro
>
>upload Macro and show us what your have recorded than we can help to
>translate into Xbase++

Thank you, Jim.
Macro result is:
    Selection.WholeStory
    Selection.Copy
    Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdPasteDefault)

How can I translate into Xbase++?
Jim LeeRe: Copy and Paste
on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 06:15:10 +0100
hi,

is this the hole Macro ?

do not expect "ready to use" Code .. i'm not a VBA Programmer

have you try Alaska ..\SOURCE\samples\activex\msword\*.PRG Sample ?
it show how to start with Word ActiveX

---
#include "activex.ch"
#PRAGMA LIBRARY( "ASCOM10.LIB" )

PROCEDURE MAIN
LOCAL oWord
LOCAL oDoc1,oDoc2
LOCAL cFile1 := "D:\ALASKA\BLABLA\TEST1.DOC"
LOCAL cFile2 := "D:\ALASKA\BLABLA\TEST2.DOC"

  oWord := CreateObject("Word.Application")
  IF Empty( oWord )
    MsgBox( "Microsoft Word is not installed" )
    QUIT
  ENDIF

  oWord:visible := .T.
  oWord:documents:open( cFile1 )
  oDoc1 := oWord:ActiveDocument
---

if you do not understand last 3 lines you have to read about Word Object
Reference Model in Help File.
since Office 12 (2009) *.CHM Help files are not include local ( Zero Byte )
any more -> need online

i recommend to download old Word 2003 Help file from
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15312

btw.

Constante like wdPasteDefault can be created by ..\XPPW32\BIN\Tlb2Ch.exe

Tlb2Ch.exe "Word.Application" >> MyWord.CH

as i say i'm not a VBA Programmer so next is to search on Internet for
Sample
which include "WholeStory Copy PasteAndFormat" and found something like this

http://vba.relief.jp/word-vba-select-all-text-by-wholestory/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26463942/copy-and-pasting-from-multiple-word-documents-vba

i try to write some (untested) Dummy Code
---

/********************************************

 here your Code

  mySelection := oDoc1:Range:Select  ???
*  mySelection:WholeStory
*  mySelection:Copy

 or

  oDoc1:Range:Copy                   ???
*

  oWord:documents:open( cFile2 )
  oDoc2 := oWord:ActiveDocument

/********************************************

  mySelection := oDoc2:Range:Select  ???
*  mySelection:PasteAndFormat

 or

*  oDoc2:Range:Paste                  ???
*

  oDoc2:close()
  oDoc1:close()
  oWord:Quit()
  oWord:destroy()
RETURN NIL

---

it is your work to find out how the hole Story goes ... have fun
Domingo SerranoRe: Copy and Paste
on Tue, 20 Dec 2016 13:14:25 +0100
Thank you, Jim.
But my problem is not solved.