Alaska Software Inc. - <input type="file">
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: <input type="file">
Steve Woolstenhulme<input type="file">
on Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:56:31 -0600
I'm having a problem with <input type="file">.  On my laptop test
environment (XP-Pro) I can get the file to upload, but the file is corrupt
when it gets there--slightly larger!  On my server production enviroment (MS
Small Business Server 2003) the file won't upload and the client gets a
blank page in his browser, except for a cryptic error message:

     Read error : (5) Input/output error.

Is anyone using <input type="file"> successfully?  Can you think of anything
I might try?
Boris Borzic Re: <input type="file">
on Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:46:56 +0100
"Steve Woolstenhulme" <swoolstenhulme at gmail.com> wrote in

> I'm having a problem with <input type="file">.  On my laptop test
> environment (XP-Pro) I can get the file to upload, but the file is
> corrupt when it gets there--slightly larger!  On my server production
> enviroment (MS Small Business Server 2003) the file won't upload and
> the client gets a blank page in his browser, except for a cryptic
> error message:
>
>      Read error : (5) Input/output error.
>
> Is anyone using <input type="file"> successfully?  Can you think of
> anything I might try?

What server are you using IIS or Xb2.NET?
If you use Xb2.NET, please have a look at the www_root\uploadfile.htm
sample.

Best regards,
Boris Borzic

http://xb2.net
http://sqlexpress.net
industrial strength Xbase++ development tools
Thomas Braun
Re: <input type="file">
on Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:40:23 +0100
Steve Woolstenhulme wrote:

> I'm having a problem with <input type="file">.  On my laptop test
> environment (XP-Pro) I can get the file to upload, but the file is corrupt
> when it gets there--slightly larger!

How do you do this eactly on the server side... AFAIK, out of the box WAA
does not support file uploads.

I have done it with Phil Ides WAAUPLOAD package, but I had to fix a few
things to get it work without problems.

regards
thomas
Steve WoolstenhulmeRe: <input type="file">
on Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:04:57 -0600
Are you and/or Phil willing to share?

> How do you do this eactly on the server side... AFAIK, out of the box WAA
> does not support file uploads.

It's supposed to.  The Help file has quite a bit of documentation on
uploading files and how to get the file name and the file contents from the
form.  The following is from the WAA Help file:

-----

If the value to be retrieved is of type file then the second element holds
the name of the file. Use the method :getFile() in order to access the file
contents. Note that the encoding of the form must have been specified as
"multipart/form-data" then.

  :getFile( <cVarName> ) --> cFileContents

  This method retrieves the contents of a file uploaded to the WAA server.
Use the method :getVar() to retrieve the name of the file. Note that the
encoding of the form must have been specified as "multipart/form-data" in
order to transfer the file contents.
  HTML code:

   <FORM ACTION="/cgi-bin/waa1gate.exe" METHOD=post

         ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">

     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="WAA_PACKAGE" VALUE="My_Dll">

     <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="WAA_FORM"    VALUE="My_Function">

     <INPUT TYPE=file   NAME="File1">

     <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Caption">

   </FORM>

  PRG code:

   cFileName := oHTML:getVar( "File1" )

   IF ! Empty( cFileName )

     cContents := oHTML:getFile( "File1" )

      Todo: Process the contents of the file

   ENDIF

  :getVar( <cVarName> ) --> cValue | aValue | NIL

  The method retrieves the value of the VALUE= attribute as a character
string. If more than one value was assigned to the value, then an array of
character strings is returned. For example, the method is frequently used in
Web applications based on the standard package-DLL when the name of a
database file is to be determined. In this case, <cVarName> is the string
"WAA_USE".
  If <cVarName> does not exist in the HTML page, the return value is NIL.
  HTML code:

   <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="WAA_USE" VALUE="customer.dbf">

  PRG code:

   cDbf := oHTML:getVar( "WAA_USE" )

   USE (cDbf)

If the value to be retrieved is of type file then the return value is the
name of the file. Use the method :getFile() in order to access the file
contents. Note that the encoding of the form must have been specified as
"multipart/form-data" then.

> I have done it with Phil Ides WAAUPLOAD package, but I had to fix a few
> things to get it work without problems.
>
> regards
> thomas
Thomas Braun
Re: <input type="file">
on Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:55:13 +0100
Steve Woolstenhulme wrote:

> Are you and/or Phil willing to share?
>
>> How do you do this eactly on the server side... AFAIK, out of the box WAA
>> does not support file uploads.
>
> It's supposed to.  The Help file has quite a bit of documentation on
> uploading files and how to get the file name and the file contents from the
> form.  The following is from the WAA Help file:

Must be new - I'm still using 1.8x WAA...

Thomas
Andreas HerdtRe: <input type="file">
on Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:04:54 +0100
Hallo Mr Braun,

Your WAA is up to date (almost

Mr Woolstenhulme refers to a feature that was created in context of
a hotfix, insofar the WAA he is refering to was not released yet.

We are currently stay in contact with him in order to figure out what
happens in his case.

As stated in my message from September 15th 2008, we are planning to
release a package of the WAA right after the SL1 release. Then the
upload feature will be part of the feature set. The doc's snipped
Mr Woolstenhulme posted in his message might give an idea how this
will work.

Thomas Braun wrote:
> Steve Woolstenhulme wrote:
>
>> Are you and/or Phil willing to share?
>>
>>> How do you do this eactly on the server side... AFAIK, out of the box WAA
>>> does not support file uploads.
>> It's supposed to.  The Help file has quite a bit of documentation on
>> uploading files and how to get the file name and the file contents from the
>> form.  The following is from the WAA Help file:
>
> Must be new - I'm still using 1.8x WAA...
>
> Thomas

   Andreas Herdt
   Alaska Software

Technical Support:      support@alaska-software.com

News Server:            news.alaska-software.com
Homepage:               http://www.alaska-software.com
WebKnowledgeBase:       http://www.alaska-software.com/kbase.shtm

Fax European Office:    +49 (0) 61 96 - 77 99 99 23
Fax US Office:          +1 (646) 218 1281
Alex KarnozgitskyRe: <input type="file">
on Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:58:09 +0200

Alex
Karnozhitsky
WG SoftPro
  "Andreas Herdt" wrote: news:555c8d03$2bc6569e$556@news.alaska-software.com...

  --
     Andreas Herdt
     Alaska Software

  Technical Support:      support@alaska-software.com

  News Server:            news.alaska-software.com
  Homepage:               http://www.alaska-software.com
  WebKnowledgeBase:       http://www.alaska-software.com/kbase.shtm

  Fax European Office:    +49 (0) 61 96 - 77 99 99 23
  Fax US Office:          +1 (646) 218 1281
Thomas Braun
Re: <input type="file">
on Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:27:12 +0100
Alex Karnozgitsky wrote:

> Nice news about your plans with WAA.
> BTW Are you planning add possibility to run WAA as service?

Even better would be to release WAA as open source to the community - then
we could do the "service"-part ourselves (wink, wink) )

Thomas
Thomas Braun
Re: <input type="file">
on Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:35:21 +0100
Andreas Herdt wrote:

> Mr Woolstenhulme refers to a feature that was created in context of
> a hotfix, insofar the WAA he is refering to was not released yet.

Thanks Andreas.

regards
thomas
Allen Lee <input type="file">
on Sun, 15 Nov 2009 01:04:29 -0800
Has a package of WAA been released that includes the upload feature as
part of the feature set?