Alaska Software Inc. - Re: Profiler
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Re: Profiler
Jonathan LeemingProfiler
on Fri, 05 Sep 2014 10:28:20 -0600
Hi,

While looking at forcing my application to a specific core I noticed
that it appears to be CPU intensive when not doing anything.  I was
looking into using the profiler but the only reference to it is with
reference to the compiler switch...

/profile  	This option will generate profiling information used
by the Xbase++ profiler. You need the Xbase++ profiler installed to
successfully link and run the program.

However I can not find the profiler tool (don't even know what it is
called) nor any info on how to use it.

I noticed in a very old newgroup posting that one can download it from
Alaska.   I do have an active Prof subscription and have "wandered
around" the Alaska site but can not find it.

A second question is there some way from within my application I can
get the current CPU load on each of the CPU cores?

Thanks... Jonathan
Jan EscholtRe: Profiler
on Fri, 05 Sep 2014 19:20:21 +0200
Hi Jonathan,

have a look on your installation CD. There is a directory "Profiler".
Here you find everything you need.

Jan

Am 05.09.2014 um 18:28 schrieb "Jonathan Leeming":
> Hi,
>
> While looking at forcing my application to a specific core I noticed
> that it appears to be CPU intensive when not doing anything.  I was
> looking into using the profiler but the only reference to it is with
> reference to the compiler switch...
>
> /profile  	This option will generate profiling information used
> by the Xbase++ profiler. You need the Xbase++ profiler installed to
> successfully link and run the program.
>
> However I can not find the profiler tool (don't even know what it is
> called) nor any info on how to use it.
>
> I noticed in a very old newgroup posting that one can download it from
> Alaska.   I do have an active Prof subscription and have "wandered
> around" the Alaska site but can not find it.
>
> A second question is there some way from within my application I can
> get the current CPU load on each of the CPU cores?
>
> Thanks... Jonathan

Jonathan LeemingRe: Profiler
on Fri, 05 Sep 2014 12:48:01 -0600
On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 19:20:21 +0200, Jan Escholt wrote:

>Hi Jonathan,
>
>have a look on your installation CD. There is a directory "Profiler".
>Here you find everything you need.
>
>Jan
>
>Am 05.09.2014 um 18:28 schrieb "Jonathan Leeming":
>> Hi,
>>
>> While looking at forcing my application to a specific core I noticed
>> that it appears to be CPU intensive when not doing anything.  I was
>> looking into using the profiler but the only reference to it is with
>> reference to the compiler switch...
>>
>> /profile  	This option will generate profiling information used
>> by the Xbase++ profiler. You need the Xbase++ profiler installed to
>> successfully link and run the program.
>>
>> However I can not find the profiler tool (don't even know what it is
>> called) nor any info on how to use it.
>>
>> I noticed in a very old newgroup posting that one can download it from
>> Alaska.   I do have an active Prof subscription and have "wandered
>> around" the Alaska site but can not find it.
>>
>> A second question is there some way from within my application I can
>> get the current CPU load on each of the CPU cores?
>>
>> Thanks... Jonathan

Thanks Jan,

I'll download and mount the iso image to check out.

Thanks Again... Jonathan