Alaska Software Inc. - How to use DacSession() with SSL
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: How to use DacSession() with SSL
Frits Janse KokHow to use DacSession() with SSL
on Mon, 26 Jul 2021 12:11:34 +0200
Hi We try to connect to a Postgres SQL database on a Microsoft Azure server.

When we add  "sslmode=require" to the connect sting, DacSession() gives
an error massage: "sslmode value "require" invalid when SSL support is
not compiled in"

How to add SSL to our application ??

Regards FritsJK.

Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Matej JuracRe: How to use DacSession() with SSL
on Tue, 27 Jul 2021 08:16:52 +0200
DacSession via ODBC + sslmode=require ?

Did you configure ODBC data source with same parameters?

Can you post connect string (sans un and pw of course)

I use sslmode to dedicated pgre servers and it works fine (odbc +
sqlexpress). It might be comething in connect string that is missing?

Frits Janse Kok je 26.7.2021 ob 12:11 napisal:
> Hi We try to connect to a Postgres SQL database on a Microsoft Azure
> server.
>
> When we add  "sslmode=require" to the connect sting, DacSession() gives
> an error massage: "sslmode value "require" invalid when SSL support is
> not compiled in"
>
> How to add SSL to our application ??
>

> Regards FritsJK.

Frits Janse KokRe: How to use DacSession() with SSL
on Tue, 27 Jul 2021 10:36:12 +0200
We use the PGDBE Xbase++ component.

cConnect := "DBE=PGDBE;PORT=5432;SERVER=" + cSQLServer + ";DB=" +
cDBname + ";UID=" + cUID + ";PWD="  + cPWD + ";sslmode=require"

This is when the error occurs
oSession := DacSession():new(cConnect)

The error says we should compile the SSLcert into the program.
Do you know how we can compile the cert into our program? We have the
correct .pem file.

Op 27-7-2021 om 08:16 schreef Matej Jurac:
> DacSession via ODBC + sslmode=require ?
>
> Did you configure ODBC data source with same parameters?
>
> Can you post connect string (sans un and pw of course)
>

> I use sslmode to dedicated pgre servers and it works fine (odbc +
> sqlexpress). It might be comething in connect string that is missing?
>

> Frits Janse Kok je 26.7.2021 ob 12:11 napisal:
>> Hi We try to connect to a Postgres SQL database on a Microsoft Azure
>> server.
>>
>> When we add  "sslmode=require" to the connect sting, DacSession()
>> gives an error massage: "sslmode value "require" invalid when SSL
>> support is not compiled in"
>>
>> How to add SSL to our application ??
>>

>> Regards FritsJK.

Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Matej JuracRe: How to use DacSession() with SSL
on Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:00:07 +0200
Sorry, I do not use PGDBE at all.  Only ODBC via sqlexpress and
sometimes direct access (libmysql 32bit) .

Can't help with PGDBE. You should open support ticket @alaska support.

I can post you a odbc connection string for ssl-require as there are
more individual parameters inside it, but it is for ODBC not pgdbe.
Client side certificates are handled at odbc data sources connector config.