Alaska Software Inc. - Xbase++ 2.0 & List & Label
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Xbase++ 2.0 & List & Label
Regan CawkwellXbase++ 2.0 & List & Label
on Wed, 06 Sep 2017 15:02:26 +0100
Has anyone that uses List & Label had any issues with it since updating to Xbase++ v2.0?

We have started rolling out our application built with Xbase++ v2.0 and we are getting
problems when List & Label is used to email from the preview window using Outlook 2016.
Our application goes into a 'not responding' state and has to be closed by task manager.

All the reports we have received at present are from machines with Windows 10 which may or
may not be a coincidence.

We're almost at the point where we may have to revert our application back to v1.9, which
would be a shame.

We have always had occasional crashes when using List & Label that show an IDSC error from
a dllExecuteCall in either LLSETPRINTERINPRINTERFILE() or LLPRINTSTART() but these did not
seem to be related to emailing in general and I do not think this is related but I thought
I'd mention it anyway.

Regan Cawkwell
Rba
Peter AlderliestenRe: Xbase++ 2.0 & List & Label
on Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:32:15 +0200
Regan,

> Has anyone that uses List & Label had any issues with it since updating to Xbase++ v2.0?
>
> We have started rolling out our application built with Xbase++ v2.0 and we are getting
> problems when List & Label is used to email from the preview window using Outlook 2016.
> Our application goes into a 'not responding' state and has to be closed by task manager.
>
> All the reports we have received at present are from machines with Windows 10 which may or
> may not be a coincidence.
>
> We're almost at the point where we may have to revert our application back to v1.9, which
> would be a shame.
>
> We have always had occasional crashes when using List & Label that show an IDSC error from
> a dllExecuteCall in either LLSETPRINTERINPRINTERFILE() or LLPRINTSTART() but these did not
> seem to be related to emailing in general and I do not think this is related but I thought
> I'd mention it anyway.

I'm using L&L with Xbase++ 2.0 without any problems. Not using the
Fax/email functionality though. No problem reports from customers yet.

Peter
Chris Carmac Re: Xbase++ 2.0 & List & Label
on Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:14:56 -0400
On 9/6/2017 10:02 AM, Regan Cawkwell wrote:
> Has anyone that uses List & Label had any issues with it since updating
> to Xbase++ v2.0?
>
> We have started rolling out our application built with Xbase++ v2.0 and
> we are getting problems when List & Label is used to email from the
> preview window using Outlook 2016. Our application goes into a 'not
> responding' state and has to be closed by task manager.
>
> All the reports we have received at present are from machines with
> Windows 10 which may or may not be a coincidence.
>
> We're almost at the point where we may have to revert our application
> back to v1.9, which would be a shame.
>
> We have always had occasional crashes when using List & Label that show
> an IDSC error from a dllExecuteCall in either
> LLSETPRINTERINPRINTERFILE() or LLPRINTSTART() but these did not seem to
> be related to emailing in general and I do not think this is related but
> I thought I'd mention it anyway.
>
> Regan Cawkwell
> Rba

Regan,

I think the first thing you should do is read the following article:

https://www.combit.net/en/reporting-tool/forum/t9640/!!-printing-problems-with-list-label-since-mi/

The Windows 10 anniversary date that came out last year caused a lot of
problems with List & Label.  Supposedly, a patch was issued by Microsoft
last year. You want to ensure that the patches are installed on your
client's machines.

For most of my customers, List & Label (I'm using version 22) runs as
expected with no problems with Xbase++ 2.0.  However, I have had a
handful, less than 10 out of hundreds, that I have had to roll back to
Xbase++ 1.90, since I haven't been able to figure out what causing the
printing problems - frequent crashes, documents not printing, etc.
Installing the Microsoft patches didn't help. Rolling my application
back to 1.90 seems to be the only thing that fixed the problems.

Evidently there are some environments where XB 2.0 and L&L don't play
well together.

Chris Carmac
Freedomsoft