Alaska Software Inc. - Topdown and SQL
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Topdown and SQL
Ben BodensteinTopdown and SQL
on Wed, 15 Feb 2017 09:23:39 +0200
Hi all,

Just to keep all fellow Topdown users up to date:

I have succesfully implemented Topdown's SQL routines together with
SqlExpress++ to convert some of my old DBF code to MySql. This is an
ongoing process that will easily take me another 3-4 months to convert
my whole application to SQL.

Thanks to Clayton's (bless his soul) research on SQL and his excellent
routines I could do browses (TdSqlBrow), Data Entry Windows(tdSqlDEWIn),
etc.

I am still in a learning curve but if it wasn't for Clayton's Sql
routines and SqlExpress++ I would not have been able to do it.

Are there any other Topdown users that is using it for SQL?
It would be nice to have somebody else to rub shoulders with on the subject.

Regards,
Ben
Milorad MilivojsaRe: Topdown and SQL
on Sat, 18 Feb 2017 19:33:25 +0100
Ben,

I am migrating one of my applications to SQL database (I choose
PostgreSql), and I use SqlExpress for this purpose.  It works excellent.
But, i don't have enough time (for now) to learn how to use TopDown, and
I plan to start rewrite my console app in near future (about 5-6 moths),
when I finish database migration.  In that job I plan to migrate
part-by-part of app, depending of user wishes.

Clayton did bright job with his library, but I find Boris's base model
equaly good and easy for implementing.

I would be glad if I could help in half-job (database) migration.

With regards,
Milorad

On 2/15/2017 8:23 AM, Ben Bodenstein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just to keep all fellow Topdown users up to date:
>
> I have succesfully implemented Topdown's SQL routines together with
> SqlExpress++ to convert some of my old DBF code to MySql. This is an
> ongoing process that will easily take me another 3-4 months to convert
> my whole application to SQL.
>
> Thanks to Clayton's (bless his soul) research on SQL and his excellent
> routines I could do browses (TdSqlBrow), Data Entry Windows(tdSqlDEWIn),
> etc.
>
> I am still in a learning curve but if it wasn't for Clayton's Sql
> routines and SqlExpress++ I would not have been able to do it.
>
> Are there any other Topdown users that is using it for SQL?
> It would be nice to have somebody else to rub shoulders with on the
> subject.
>
> Regards,
> Ben
Paul ChongRe: Topdown and SQL
on Sun, 11 Feb 2018 15:57:12 +0800
Hi,

I wanted to do the same. Can i consult you if i encounter any problem?

And have you plot your sql to remote server? If yes is the access speed
within comfort zone.

Regards

Paul