Alaska Software Inc. - XppDbg Error
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: XppDbg Error
Carlos A Beling XppDbg Error
on Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:55:53 -0300
Good day.
Xppdbg is reporting the error _Error creating debuggee process. Error
Code 273_.

The program Setup.exe (object of debugging runs alone correctly).

I attached the DebugSetup.xpj used for the compilation.

The folder _C:\! Auxiliar\RuntimeXbaseTeste_ contains the files of the
folders ..\Xpp20\bin, ..\lib\Xpp20, ..\xpp20\Runtime (duplicated copy)
and the complete folder ..\Xpp20\Resource and all their  files copied
from the original folder to _C:\! Auxiliar\RuntimeXbaseTeste_.

Please, what is going wrong?

Fraternally
Beling

DebugSetup.xpj
Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: XppDbg Error
on Fri, 21 Feb 2020 12:23:59 -0500
Carlos,

>Xppdbg is reporting the error _Error creating debuggee process. Error
>Code 273_.

>The program Setup.exe (object of debugging runs alone correctly).

The most-likely reason for this error is a rights issue. Any program that
includes "Setup", "Install", or "Update", etc. in its File Name (or its
Version Resources) will require elevated (Admin) rights to start.

To fix this, you can run the Xbase++ debugger (or Workbench) as Admin, or
you could rename the program to something else.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927
email: Andreas@AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
web:   http://www.AbsoluteSoftwareLLC.com
[F]:   https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSoftwareLLC
Carlos A Beling Re: XppDbg Error
on Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:38:32 -0300
Hi Andreas.
Good evening.
Many thanks again.
I renamed the Setup.exe to SetupS.exe and unfortunately I got the same
error.

Fraternally
Beling

On 21/02/2020 14:23, Andreas Gehrs-Pahl wrote:
> Carlos,
>
>> Xppdbg is reporting the error _Error creating debuggee process. Error
>> Code 273_.
>
>> The program Setup.exe (object of debugging runs alone correctly).
>
> The most-likely reason for this error is a rights issue. Any program that
> includes "Setup", "Install", or "Update", etc. in its File Name (or its
> Version Resources) will require elevated (Admin) rights to start.
>
> To fix this, you can run the Xbase++ debugger (or Workbench) as Admin, or
> you could rename the program to something else.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Re: XppDbg Error
on Sat, 22 Feb 2020 11:19:18 -0500
Carlos,

>I renamed the Setup.exe to SetupS.exe and unfortunately I got the same
>error.

"SetupX" still contains "Setup"! rename it to "Spitup" and see what happens.

Andreas

Andreas Gehrs-Pahl
Absolute Software, LLC

phone: (989) 723-9927