Alaska Software Inc. - SmtpClient and Google OAuth
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: SmtpClient and Google OAuth
Roger DonnaySmtpClient and Google OAuth
on Sun, 02 Feb 2020 23:36:15 +0100
I have been notified that OAUTH will be required before February, 2021 when
using Gmail and Smtp.

Are there any plans to support OAUTH in SmtpClient()?
Jonathan LeemingRe: SmtpClient and Google OAuth
on Sun, 02 Feb 2020 21:29:46 -0700
On 2/2/2020 3:36 PM, Roger Donnay wrote:
> I have been notified that OAUTH will be required before February, 2021 when
> using Gmail and Smtp.
>
> Are there any plans to support OAUTH in SmtpClient()?

Hi Roger,

I posted a question regarding this on Dec 26, 2019 in the generic
section with the subject "EMail Connection".  The Feb 2021 date is for
accounts that are already established and have been connecting with what
Google considers Less Less Secure Applications (LSA) however if an
account has never connected the deadline is actually June 15, 2020.  The
Feb 2012 date is a "grace period" for established connections.

As per my Dec 26 posting I have sent queries to both Alaska &
Marshallsoft but have yet to see any positive updates.  Chilkat looks
like it has some API libraries that handle oauth 2.0 but I have not had
time to explore these (chilkatsoft.com).

I have many processes that rely on SMPT / IMAP with GMail for automated,
unattended transfers of email that I definitely need a solution...
preferably before June 15th!

Regards... Jonathan

jonathan.leeming@familycentre.org
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Frank GrossheinrichRe: SmtpClient and Google OAuth
on Thu, 20 Feb 2020 16:52:04 +0100
Hi Roger,

yes, OAuth is a topic at Alaska Software .
There were - and still are - some customers who had requirements for
OAuth. Please contact the guys from the Technical Support Team. They
have code for OAuth and they helped solving several customer scenarios.
I just do not know if GMail also has been solved/implemented yet.

Of course this requires an active Xbase++ subscription with support.
And you as a Technology Partner are always welcome.

Kind regards
Frank