Alaska Software Inc. - Operator .in. not accepted in macro evaluation
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Operator .in. not accepted in macro evaluation
Luiz E. Penna FernandesOperator .in. not accepted in macro evaluation
on Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:23:39 -0300
Hi,

I just noticed that the operator .in. (synonym to '$') isn't accepted in
macro evaluation:

   cString := '"D" .in. "DC"'
   &cString    Syntax error

Operator $ is accepted normally.

Xbase++ 2.00.812

Regards,
Luiz
Frank GrossheinrichRe: Operator .in. not accepted in macro evaluation
on Thu, 03 Aug 2017 18:09:46 +0200
Luiz,

you are right. I need to check with the guys if this is by design or a
left over or whatever. From my personal point of view this is an
oversight when this operator has been introduced.

Workaround is easy: use $.
Finally: it is Clipper compatible .

Will come back

Regards, Frank

On 01.08.2017 16:23, Luiz E. Penna Fernandes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the operator .in. (synonym to '$') isn't accepted in
> macro evaluation:
>
>   cString := '"D" .in. "DC"'
>   &cString    Syntax error
>
> Operator $ is accepted normally.
>
> Xbase++ 2.00.812
>
> Regards,
> Luiz
Frank GrossheinrichRe: Operator .in. not accepted in macro evaluation
on Fri, 04 Aug 2017 16:10:52 +0200
http://www.alaska-software.com/scripts/waa001.dll?WAA_PACKAGE=PUBLICDTS&WAA_FORM=DISPLAYPDR&PDRID=6937

Thanks,
Frank

Am 01.08.2017 um 16:23 schrieb Luiz E. Penna Fernandes:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the operator .in. (synonym to '$') isn't accepted in
> macro evaluation:
>
>    cString := '"D" .in. "DC"'
>    &cString    Syntax error
>
> Operator $ is accepted normally.
>
> Xbase++ 2.00.812
>
> Regards,
> Luiz
James LoughnerRe: Operator .in. not accepted in macro evaluation
on Fri, 04 Aug 2017 20:02:45 -0400
Is .IN. a Xbase++ operative or a translation from some third party in a
CH file???

If so no reference in the DOC's

If so then it won't get processed in a string

Work around would be assuming the string is dynamically created

cString := StrTrans('"D" .IN. "DC"',".IN.","$")
&cString

Jim