Alaska Software Inc. - Workbench start error
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: Workbench start error
Dieter StelznerWorkbench start error
on Sun, 23 Jun 2019 10:44:14 +0200
Hello,
I got the Windows 10 1903 update. Now the workbench doesn't start anymore and
a runtime error occurs.
All other stuff is working.
I deinstalled Xbase, deleted all Xbase folders, starte dthe PCX new and
installed Xbase again, but the WB error remains.
On my notebook I got the Windows 10 1903 update too and there the workbench works.
Regards
Dieter

xbase.gif
Thomas BraunRe: Workbench start error
on Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:18:21 +0200
Dieter Stelzner wrote:

> Hello,
> I got the Windows 10 1903 update. Now the workbench doesn't start anymore and
> a runtime error occurs.
> All other stuff is working.

Hi Dieter,

first of all, you could try to do a system files scan from a command prompt
started as local administrator and see if that fixes this error:

sfc /scannow

HTH
Thomas
Dieter StelznerRe: Workbench start error
on Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:22:31 +0200
Thomas Braun wrote in message news:6y5tkz4667k1$.1szkc6l6sll2u.dlg@40tude.net...
>Dieter Stelzner wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I got the Windows 10 1903 update. Now the workbench doesn't start anymore and
>> a runtime error occurs.
>> All other stuff is working.
>
>Hi Dieter,
>
>first of all, you could try to do a system files scan from a command prompt
>started as local administrator and see if that fixes this error:
>
>sfc /scannow
>
>HTH
>Thomas

Hello Thomas,
Windows said after the scan there would be no fault.
Workbench has the same error like before.
Regards
Dieter
Peter AlderliestenRe: Workbench start error
on Fri, 28 Jun 2019 09:18:20 +0200
Dieter,

>>> Hello,
>>> I got the Windows 10 1903 update. Now the workbench doesn't start anymore and
>>> a runtime error occurs.
>>> All other stuff is working.

Updated my systenm to 1903 two days ago.
No problem starting the workbench, previous and current build.

Peter