Alaska Software Inc. - LoadFromUrl() question
Username: Password:
AuthorTopic: LoadFromUrl() question
JohanLoadFromUrl() question
on Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:06:30 +0100
Hi,

I sometimes run into a problem with LoadFromUrl()  as with this page:
"http://www.bibliotek.se/session/showrecord?titleId=1815983" - if loaded I
get a page with a http error message instead of the page: Anybody knows why
and what to do about it?

Regards,

Johan
Pablo BotellaRe: LoadFromUrl() question
on Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:19:12 +0100
Hi,

> "http://www.bibliotek.se/session/showrecord?titleId=1815983"

The url responded with this headers:

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=AC7EE8EF7C24A6A8AA5B277D7E81EBCA; Path=/session
Location: http://www.bibliotek.se/session/search?form=simple
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:12:14 GMT

So you must retry using the new url: http://www.bibliotek.se/session/search?form=simple

Regards,
Pablo Botella
JohanRe: LoadFromUrl() question
on Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:38:50 +0100
Hi Pablo,

The service must have been temporarly down when you tried - when I click the
link now I go the expected page, but when trying to LoadFromUrl() the
response is:

"HTTP Status 500 -
------------------------------------
type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
range: -1
	java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1938)
	session.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:310)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0.18 logs.
------------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18"

Regards,

Johan

"Pablo Botella" <pb_no_spam_@_remove_all_betwen_underscores_xbwin.com> skrev
i meddelandet news:206c2350$6943c495$188db@news.alaska-software.com...
> Hi,
>
>> "http://www.bibliotek.se/session/showrecord?titleId=1815983"
>
> The url responded with this headers:
>
> HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=AC7EE8EF7C24A6A8AA5B277D7E81EBCA; Path=/session
> Location: http://www.bibliotek.se/session/search?form=simple
> Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:12:14 GMT
>
> So you must retry using the new url:
> http://www.bibliotek.se/session/search?form=simple
>
> Regards,
> Pablo Botella
JohanRe: LoadFromUrl() question
on Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:50:37 +0100
Hmmm,

I became dubious just after responding to Pablo and sent the link to a
colleague and it did'nt work there either - so there has to be some other
explanation to this... cookies?

Here's my code showing the whole process - it's the
"cNisse:=LoadFromUrl(cVar)" line and the saving later on that shows the
problem:

#include "Gra.ch"
#include "Xbp.ch"
#include "Appevent.ch"
#include "Font.ch"
#include "Inkey.ch"

#pragma library("asinet10.lib")

PROCEDURE AppSys()
RETURN

PROCEDURE Main()
   LOCAL oDlg, oGuest, cHemsida, lExit:=.F.

   oDlg           := XbpDialog():new(,,{1,1},{1580,1050})
   oDlg:title     := "Bibliotek.se"
   oDlg:taskList  := .F.
   oDlg:close     :={||lExit:=.T.}
   oDlg:create()

   oDa:=oDlg:drawingArea

   oGuest:=XbpHtmlViewer():new(oDa)
   oGuest:create(oDa,oDa,{10,350},{830,560})

   cHemsida:="http://www.bibliotek.se/session/performsearch?search=0997914&form=simple&queryType=and&x=0&y=0&SEARCH_ME=&sortOrder=1&nbrOfPosts=10"
   oGuest:navigate(cHemsida)

   DO WHILE oGuest:isBusy()
   ENDDO

   DO WHILE At("showrecord",oGuest:locationUrl)==0
   ENDDO
   cVar:=oGuest:locationUrl
   oDlg:setTitle("Actual address: "+cVar)

   cNisse:=LoadFromUrl(cVar)
   MemoWrit("url.txt",cVar)
   MemoWrit("page.htm",cNisse)

   SetAppFocus(oDlg)

   DO WHILE ! lExit
      nEvent := AppEvent( @mp1, @mp2, @oXbp )
      oXbp:handleEvent( nEvent, mp1, mp2 )
      oXbp:keyBoard := {|mp1, mp2, obj| nKey:=mp1}
   ENDDO
   oGuest:destroy()
   MsgBox("bye")
   QUIT

RETURN

"Johan" <johan[@]svff.se> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi Pablo,
>
> The service must have been temporarly down when you tried - when I click
> the link now I go the expected page, but when trying to LoadFromUrl() the
> response is:
>
> "HTTP Status 500 -
> ------------------------------------
> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
> range: -1
> java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1938)
> session.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:310)
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
> Tomcat/6.0.18 logs.
> ------------------------------------
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.18"
>

> Regards,
>
> Johan
>
> "Pablo Botella" <pb_no_spam_@_remove_all_betwen_underscores_xbwin.com>
> skrev i meddelandet
>> Hi,
>>
>>> "http://www.bibliotek.se/session/showrecord?titleId=1815983"
>>
>> The url responded with this headers:
>>
>> HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
>> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
>> Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=AC7EE8EF7C24A6A8AA5B277D7E81EBCA; Path=/session
>> Location: http://www.bibliotek.se/session/search?form=simple
>> Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:12:14 GMT
>>
>> So you must retry using the new url:
>> http://www.bibliotek.se/session/search?form=simple
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pablo Botella

Thomas Braun
Re: LoadFromUrl() question
on Mon, 06 Dec 2010 09:55:39 +0100
Johan wrote:

> Hmmm,
>
> I became dubious just after responding to Pablo and sent the link to a
> colleague and it did'nt work there either - so there has to be some other
> explanation to this... cookies?

Maybe... to be sure you could try and use Firefox, install Firebug and use
Firebugs excellent network tracing function to see what actually happens
when you submit the request via a real browser.

Thomas